12V battery tube head amp....... for $ 19000 ??

charmerci

Re: 12V battery tube head amp....... for $ 19000 ??
« Reply #20 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:12 am »
will it even make any sound? =p

Only when it falls in a forest....

dB Cooper

« Reply #21 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:22 am »
?
Yet another reason not to trust ebay - this guy has 100% positive feedback!

Vlad

His cousin must have bought one...

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #22 on: 21 Feb 2013, 06:22 am »
HI.
Seriously it is NOT impossible to build one provided we can find Hi gain tubes operable at 12V plate voltage.

It is to drive Sennheiser 300R type Hi-Z headpnes. I already know the schematic to build one similar Hi-Z headphone amps with OTL topology using standard HV hi-gain tubes. No big deal for much.....less money.

The key issue is to find such hi-gain 12V low-voltage tubes. Maybe we can locate such tubes from some
military outlets.

If I could find such tubes, I can esily build one for your guys for say, USD10,000, making tons of money.

Anyone interested?

c-J

12 volt tubes are not the issue...no OTHER components is the issue!  I don't believe you can build ANY tube amp using no resistors, capacitors, or transformers of any kind.  Even assuming the headphones become part of the active circuit design, I still fail to see how you get any output from just the tubes, 12 v power supply, some pieces of wire, and the phones.

The whole thing is a joke, of course.  The guy actually sells other stuff, some of it tube related.  If you check his feedback, you can see other sales.  Too bad eBay doesn't show rejected offer amounts on closed auctions.

He has a new auction starting at something like $40K with a buy-it-now price of $90K going, though.  I think eBay is still offering free listings, so it probably costs him nothing. 

cheap-Jack

« Reply #23 on: 21 Feb 2013, 02:18 pm »
Hi.
12 volt tubes are not the issue...no OTHER components is the issue!  I don't believe you can build ANY tube amp using no resistors, capacitors, or transformers of any kind.  Even assuming the headphones become part of the active circuit design, I still fail to see how you get any output from just the tubes, 12 v power supply, some pieces of wire, and the phones.

The whole thing is a joke, of course.  The guy actually sells other stuff, some of it tube related.  If you check his feedback, you can see other sales.  Too bad eBay doesn't show rejected offer amounts on closed auctions.

He has a new auction starting at something like $40K with a buy-it-now price of $90K going, though.  I think eBay is still offering free listings, so it probably costs him nothing.

Obviously it is a 'collector item' type auction for whoever eBay addicts to burn their money.
When buyers don't mind burn their money this way, no joke any more, buddie.

Likewise, there are rich & affordable collectors don't mind to spend millions for a broken dish or a rotten out painting. Historic value, maybe. Who can tell?

I am now talking I can build a headphone amp of similar simple design, using direct coupling & OTL topology, given 12V hi-gain tubes available. No Fanboy at all.

c-J

decal

« Reply #24 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:05 pm »
I bought three to resell for 4X the money.When the reviews hit the magazines, every audiophool with money to burn will have to have one. Keeping up with the Joneses is a highly profitable venture.!!!!!!!
The new "Audio Pimp"

cheap-Jack

« Reply #25 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:12 pm »
Hi.
I bought three to resell for 4X the money.When the reviews hit the magazines, every audiophool with money to burn will have to have one. Keeping up with the Joneses is a highly profitable venture.!!!!!!!
The new "Audio Pimp"

When you'll send me one for 'peer' review, bud?

c-J

Guy 13

« Reply #26 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:31 pm »
Hi all Audio Circle members.
I am sure that there is or there are audiophiles stupid enough to pay 19,000 USD for something that only cost 50 USD to build.
How can that sceleton with only two tubes in it can work?
Our planet is filled to the rim with people stupid enough to waste their money.
Makes me... Well you know. :duh:
Guy 13

decal

« Reply #27 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:44 pm »
Hi.
When you'll send me one for 'peer' review, bud?

c-J

Sure Jack. Just send me a $500.00 cash (nonrefundable)  security deposit and I'll get one to you ASAP. I'll even pick up the shipping charge!!!! No need to thank me, I know I'm awesome. 
The new "Audio Pimp" 

cheap-Jack

« Reply #28 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:45 pm »
HI.
Sure Jack. Just send me a $500.00 cash (nonrefundable)  security deposit and I'll get one to you ASAP. I'll even pick up the shipping charge!!!! No need to thank me, I know I'm awesome. 
The new "Audio Pimp" 

Money sent. Check PayPal.

c-J

decal

« Reply #29 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:46 pm »
HI.
Money sent. Check PayPal.

c-J
Sorry Dude no PP, cash only.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #30 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:52 pm »
Is this even a real thing? If its a BS item let me know and I'll toss the thread......I can see this dissolving into nonsense already...

cheap-Jack

« Reply #31 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:56 pm »
Hi.

How can that sceleton with only two tubes in it can work?

Given hi-gain enough tubes, YES - provided one KNOWs how. I do.

One twin tube per channel can do the job.

From technical viewpoint, Sennheiser hi-Z (300R & up) headphones NEED high driving O/P voltage (& small driving O/P current), 12V can NOT get good sound due to not enough high driving voltage for the headphones.

c-J

PS; I am enjoying bigtime a few years now my design/built 1 twin triode 1-stage RIAA phonostage+passive
      linestage driving direct my SS & tube power amps. One tube can be made very useful - if one knows
      how.

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #32 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:07 pm »
this isnt the first time this has showed up here on the forum.the guy is asking alot for his r@d , even though minimal parts list