2A3C Confusion

jmotzi

2A3C Confusion
« on: 11 Jun 2014, 12:55 am »
I have a Dared MP-2A3C amp which comes with Shuguang 2a3c's which have red colored markings.  Most of the pics I have seen online show the Shuguang 2a3c's with white markings.  Is there a difference between these tubes (other than printing color) and how does one know they are getting quality tubes?  What about Psvane which are supposedly the same as Shuguang?

Thanks for helping me with my confusion!

John Motzi
Downingtown, PA

jmotzi

Re: 2A3C Confusion
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2014, 01:20 am »
Here are some examples - this one with the red looks like mine:

This one with the white is seen most often on internet stores:

Is there a difference and/or is there any way to know I am getting the real Shuguang 2A3C?

Thanks,

JM

Quiet Earth

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2014, 02:26 am »
Interesting observation..... the color of the lettering. I don't know the answer to your question but I would be willing to guess that red ink was used for one production run and the white was used for another. The production runs might even be years apart. Just a guess.

I also noticed that the 2A3B normally shows up with white lettering.

I'm kind of curious why it is important for you to get a standard Shuguang branded tube. Since Shuguang makes so many of the Chinese branded tubes, who would be trying to counterfeit their tube? In other words, wouldn't it be a Shuguang anyway?  And I always thought that straight up regular "Shuguang" was the basic or entry level of what they can do, and the other names that they build are an upgrade (or the same at the very least) from their basic Shuguang level . Is that not necessarily true?

Genuinely curious,, an interesting topic.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2014, 03:44 am »
Maybe John could email to the factory Shugang and ask these questions, just to see what they will reply, if any.
Just a idea.
http://www.shuguangelec.com/en/profile.asp
Email seems to be:
tube118@126.com

jmotzi

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm »
Thanks for the info & the suggestions.  I may email and ask as suggested. 

Why is it important - not sure if it is;  I just don't have experience and was wondering if there was something I was missing and everyone else knew  :)

JM

sebrof

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2014, 02:34 pm »
I got Suguang 2A3Cs a couple of years ago and they have white lettering. I don't believe I have ever seen red lettering.

This guy shows a 2A3C made by NGG (I've never heard of NGG) with red lettering and a close up pic with Shuguang 2A3C and NGG 2A3C side by side, about 1/2 way down the page. Might be interesting to look at.

http://www.single-ended.com/2A3/2A3single.htm

Quiet Earth

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2014, 03:28 pm »
I wonder if red is used for the OEM tubes sold in quantity to the manufacturers of finished products, and white is used for the resellers of individual tubes.

:dunno:   Probably doesn't matter too much anyway.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2014, 04:01 am »
I wonder if red is used for the OEM tubes sold in quantity to the manufacturers of finished products, and white is used for the resellers of individual tubes.

:dunno:   Probably doesn't matter too much anyway.
Quite a possibility.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2014, 04:07 am »
I got Suguang 2A3Cs a couple of years ago and they have white lettering. I don't believe I have ever seen red lettering.

This guy shows a 2A3C made by NGG (I've never heard of NGG) with red lettering and a close up pic with Shuguang 2A3C and NGG 2A3C side by side, about 1/2 way down the page. Might be interesting to look at.

http://www.single-ended.com/2A3/2A3single.htm
And never will hear again since Nanhai Gui Guang was bought by Psvane.