Damping Solution - TubOlator - C37 - REVLON!!!!!

moray james

• moray james cables
« on: 21 Mar 2003, 07:45 pm »
Hi got to reading some posts a few days back on tubOlator and got to thinking about the first time I read about C37. Both compounds are mostly carbon in a lacquer of some type. Well guess what you can buy for a couple of bucks which is also very high in carbon content an is very durable hard but flexible (all the hallmarks of a good damping material)? Give up? Black nail polish!!! My girlfriend recommended Revlon as a ultra high quality product so that's what I got. I treated both sides of socketed chips as well as thier sockets, all other chips and even my 3 pin regulators in my fully updated (John Wright) Meitner Bitstream convertor. Wow! Like the man said you can hear the difference going on wet. Smoother with better attack and much more open.  Remember that this is fully reversable if you don't like ti just scrape it off. I would like to hear back from anyone who has used TubOlator and or C37 and if they would compare results to the all new "Revlon Mod". Go have some cheap fun. Maybe those "Gothic" dudes know something we don't??? Regards Moray James.

moray james

• moray james cables
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2003, 07:54 pm »
PS you will have the chance to hear one of these convertors with the Revlon Mod  as Louis will have one at the Mid West Audio Fest.