Home Audition Demo Tour for AC'ers ?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« on: 16 Oct 2003, 10:05 am »
Kevin, Would you consider a Home Audition Demo tour of one of your new amps for us folks here on AudioCircle ?  :D

KevinW

« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2003, 10:42 pm »
I might be able to do this in month or two.  It's a matter of having a demo amp that isn't for sale, and I may be able to do this by then.  I would require authorizing a credit card for the full purchase amount.  

An attractive way to do this would be for several nearby AC members to group up and agree to listen together.  That way more people get to hear the amp.  

So if there's some AC members who are able to authorize their card for the full retail amount and be responsible for any potential damage or issues, let's hear from you! :)

Kevin

Hantra

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2003, 11:58 pm »
Kev:

How long is your money back guarantee again?  21 days or 30 days?

B

KevinW

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2003, 12:05 am »
21 days on the guarantee... do you want to take a chance on throwing out your old amps? :) :)

lonewolfny42

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2003, 09:57 am »
Kevin , Your offer sounds good on the Home Audition. Let us know when you can offer it. Thanks !!  :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2003, 04:25 pm »
Quote from: KevinW
I might be able to do this in month or two.  It's a matter of having a demo amp that isn't for sale, and I may be able to do this by then.  I would require authorizing a credit card for the full purchase amount.  

An attractive way to do this would be for several nearby AC members to group up and agree to listen together.  That way more people get to hear the amp.  

So if there's some AC members who are able to authorize their card for the full retail amount and be responsible for any potential damage or issues, let's hear from you! :)

Kevin
With all the different regional groups starting to come together (NY,Denver,Portland,NC) , this sounds like a good idea.  :)

KevinW

« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2003, 04:27 pm »
There is a demo amp that is starting to make the rounds.  So if you have a group together and want to audition, let me know. :)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2003, 04:34 pm »
Kevin,

I am interested.

Which version are you sending out?

GW

KevinW

« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov 2003, 11:58 pm »
The demo amp is a stereo H1, base model.
Please PM me with your contact info and phone number.
Cheers,
Kevin

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2003, 04:48 am »
kevin, i'd be quite interested in comparing this amp w/my present mesa baron.  i really like the mesa amp - all the warmth of tubes, but still gives no quarter to the electrocompaniet amps it replaced, in the slam, & detail departments.  of course, it doesn't have to plumb the very bottom depths, as i have an active x-over sending the lowest octaves to the ec's (which replaced adcoms), driving my subs...  preamp is melos music director w/all the latest mods...  

ya mentioned it being fun having switches to change tings - this is another reason i like my mesa, as it is amazingly flexible, being able to be run full-triode, full pentode, or 1/3-2/3 either way.  and, negative feedback can also be changed to 0, 2, 4, or 8db...   :D

also, my relative would like to hear it driving his proac 2.5's, in lieu of his arc 100.2.  he uses an arc ls16 pre.  and, we can try his resolution audio cdp driving all the amps direct, w/o any pre, to hear any differences of the amps, w/no pre in the equation.   (he normally runs his cdp w/an ec 24-192 dac, thru his pre.)  i can try my proac reference 8-signatures & meret re's, & also my relative's 2.5's in my system...

doug s.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2003, 04:52 am »
I'm sure I could get several people together for a demo at my place.  So, send it on to Denver!

KevinW

« Reply #11 on: 22 Nov 2003, 05:34 am »
Doug and Tyson,
Please send me a PM with your contact info.

Mad DOg

« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2003, 11:08 pm »
kevin,

i'm interested, too...

having hosted sessions in the past, i'm sure i could round up a group over here in LA...:)

Beezer

« Reply #13 on: 27 Nov 2003, 12:28 am »
Interested here in Central NY.  I'm not sure who might be able to join me though.  Maybe it could somehow be integrated into a listening session with Rosconey and Bill form Response Audio.  

I'll PM contact info...

Beez

ekovalsky

« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2003, 08:25 pm »
At least two interested in the Phoenix, AZ area...

lonewolfny42

« Reply #15 on: 3 Dec 2003, 09:47 am »
Kevin, Will your audition amp tour be coming to NY ? :)