Salk website

Gyosa

Salk website
« on: 28 Feb 2024, 11:41 pm »
Is the Salk website down for good ?
Unable to access it for a few days now .

Bk

Phil A

Re: Salk website
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2024, 11:58 pm »
I don't know the answer to that but there's always the internet wayback machine - e.g.  https://web.archive.org/web/20230801000000*/http://salksound.com

Once one goes to the main page you enter the URL and can see a list of snapshots of the site which have been taken

Gyosa

« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2024, 12:49 am »
Thank you !

Bk

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2024, 01:14 pm »
Sorry about that.  I just discovered that the power supply in our server failed.  Since I rarely visit the site myself, I did not realize it was down.  So I will have to replace the power supply to get the site back up and running. I hope to have that done today. 

On a somewhat related topic, JohnR (audiocircle owner) asked me if I still wanted to be a sponsor on this site or if I would prefer to turn this into an owner's circle.  It would still be here, but would be harder to find.  The cost is $300 to maintain it as is.  Since we don't have any income at this point, I would prefer the owner's circle option.  But the circle visibility would be negatively impacted.

I could also start a forum on our website, so that is another option.

Any thoughts?

- Jim

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2024, 01:21 pm »
The owners circle option wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a forum on the old company website.  You would be relieved of any administration duty on an owners circle as it could have any Salk speaker owner or just a fan act as facilitator.

My thoughts are that if you haven't checked the site in days administering a forum there wouldn't be your first priority.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2024, 03:13 pm »
Sorry about that.  I just discovered that the power supply in our server failed.  Since I rarely visit the site myself, I did not realize it was down.  So I will have to replace the power supply to get the site back up and running. I hope to have that done today. 

On a somewhat related topic, JohnR (audiocircle owner) asked me if I still wanted to be a sponsor on this site or if I would prefer to turn this into an owner's circle.  It would still be here, but would be harder to find.  The cost is $300 to maintain it as is.  Since we don't have any income at this point, I would prefer the owner's circle option.  But the circle visibility would be negatively impacted.

Any thoughts?

- Jim

Is the $300 annually, monthly, quarterly, or some other frequency? If annually, it may be worth it to keep it as is if you're planning on selling speaker plans or other things and want to maintain visibility. If it's more frequent than annually, then maybe not worth it.

Saturn94

« Reply #6 on: 29 Feb 2024, 04:51 pm »

Any thoughts?

- Jim

Personally, I think an owners forum here would be my first choice.   :thumb:

JDoyle

« Reply #7 on: 29 Feb 2024, 05:38 pm »

+1

Boybees

« Reply #8 on: 29 Feb 2024, 08:48 pm »

+1

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 29 Feb 2024, 08:57 pm »
Site online again.  Sorry I didn't catch it sooner.

- Jim

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #10 on: 1 Mar 2024, 12:23 am »
An owner's circle seems smart… surely a google search would get anyone there?

Gyosa

« Reply #11 on: 1 Mar 2024, 07:24 pm »
Site online again.  Sorry I didn't catch it sooner.

- Jim

Thanks Jim !

Bk

GentleBender

« Reply #12 on: 2 Mar 2024, 12:07 am »
I think Audiocircle has a bigger following. I don’t have any Salk products yet, but I love checking out what other owners are talking about. :popcorn:

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #13 on: 8 Apr 2024, 02:13 pm »
Is it just me, or is the salk website down again? I emailed Jim, but maybe he isn't checking his email either?

Gyosa

« Reply #14 on: 8 Apr 2024, 02:25 pm »
Been down for several days now ..

jsalk

« Reply #15 on: 8 Apr 2024, 03:27 pm »
Sorry.  Had a power outage the other day and forgot to re-boot the server.  It is up now.

- Jim

Hydro

« Reply #16 on: 8 Apr 2024, 04:11 pm »
Jim, thanks for continuing to maintain your website. Hope retirement is all you hoped it would be.

RonN5

« Reply #17 on: 9 Apr 2024, 01:27 pm »
I'm not sure who posted this originally...but if the Salk...or any other site goes down..either temporarily for a few days...or permanently....here is a way to access the "most up to date" version of the site as stored on "Wayback Machine" through their archive or screen printed web pages.  I've tried it and it seems to work....at least for Salk.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240000000000*/Salk%20sound

« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2024, 09:41 pm by RonN5 »

RonN5

« Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2024, 09:14 pm »
Is the Salk site down again?

jsalk

« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2024, 02:15 am »
Is the Salk site down again?

Shouldn't be.  I can access it here.

- Jim