The NFL Season 2018-2019

rodge827

Re: The NFL Season 2018-2019
« Reply #20 on: 16 Sep 2018, 11:21 pm »
The surprising Team (to me), with only two games in, are the Bucs.  :?

Agreed!

From the first play of the game they had my Iggles chasing them! The Bucs played strong on both sides of the ball.  It’s early and there are a lot of games to be played, but for now TB looks real good!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #21 on: 17 Sep 2018, 12:47 am »
It's not every day a player goes into the locker room at half time, puts on his street clothes and retires.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bad-bills-cornerback-vontae-davis-retired-halftime-sunday-211324991.html

I take it the Bills are probably not going to the Super Bowl this year.

FireGuy

« Reply #22 on: 17 Sep 2018, 01:00 am »
It's not every day a player goes into the locker room at half time, puts on his street clothes and retires.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bad-bills-cornerback-vontae-davis-retired-halftime-sunday-211324991.html

Emil

« Reply #23 on: 17 Sep 2018, 01:14 pm »
The face of the Giants season.

twitch54

« Reply #24 on: 17 Sep 2018, 02:10 pm »

it all depends if they are able to get a 'team discount' on the tickets ...........

stlrman

« Reply #25 on: 17 Sep 2018, 05:58 pm »
Steelers have many issues!!!
Tied the f ing Browns week one.
Gave up 6 td’s to a QB starting his third game .
Defense gave up about 87 points last two home games.
Their pro bowl field goal kicker is off to a horrendous start,Punter no better, special teams suck, coaching staff sucks . Linebackers suck !  The whole d sucks !!! Can’t cover, can’t tackle
Big issues here!!!!
Bell is a hold out
A Brown is a big baby!! Wants traded after being targeted 17 times , and he threatened to break a reporters jaw.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 17 Sep 2018, 07:34 pm »
I was pretty disturbed to see Green Bay get cheated out of a win once again by terrible officiating. Yes, I'm talking about the refs reversing a game winning interception because of the silly arbitrary call of roughing the passer on a very ordinary tackle.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #27 on: 17 Sep 2018, 07:54 pm »
Steelers have many issues!!!
Tied the f ing Browns week one.
Gave up 6 td’s to a QB starting his third game .
Defense gave up about 87 points last two home games.
Their pro bowl field goal kicker is off to a horrendous start,Punter no better, special teams suck, coaching staff sucks . Linebackers suck !  The whole d sucks !!! Can’t cover, can’t tackle
Big issues here!!!!
Bell is a hold out
A Brown is a big baby!! Wants traded after being targeted 17 times , and he threatened to break a reporters jaw.

Yeah, ain't it great!    :bawl: :rotflmao:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #28 on: 17 Sep 2018, 10:39 pm »
Ah well, at least the Redskins lost.

Doublej

« Reply #29 on: 17 Sep 2018, 11:17 pm »
I was pretty disturbed to see Green Bay get cheated out of a win once again by terrible officiating. Yes, I'm talking about the refs reversing a game winning interception because of the silly arbitrary call of roughing the passer on a very ordinary tackle.

The refs are doing exactly what they are being paid to do :wink:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #30 on: 18 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm »
I agree Doublej, but the rules the refs are being charged with enforcing are untenable.  The refs are now more important to the outcome of the game than any of the three regular facets of the game.  I understand the rules are to protect the health of the players, but it's not working well on the field.

Emil

« Reply #31 on: 18 Sep 2018, 04:35 pm »

I still remember this interview back in 1979 ( I'm 57 by the way :D)
Quarterback safety was an issue even back then. Steeler Jack Lambert has his own idea on the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDUCaUYhnw

twitch54

« Reply #32 on: 18 Sep 2018, 06:33 pm »
Quarterback safety was an issue even back then. Steeler Jack Lambert has his own idea on the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDUCaUYhnw

Love it !!! yeah, we couldn't make cars worth a 'chit' in the seventies but we sure could produce tough football players !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #33 on: 18 Sep 2018, 08:06 pm »
Yup, I lived in Pittsburgh through all of those years.  There's another video somewhere of O-linemen hollering "58" "58" as Lambert jumped from hole to hole back and forth across the line.  He didn't have one ounce of quit in him.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #34 on: 19 Sep 2018, 02:50 am »
My son and I traveled to D.C. last weekend to see the Colts beat up on the Redskins. Amazing to see so many empty seats at their first home game.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #35 on: 19 Sep 2018, 03:48 am »

Wow, I had completely forgotten about Brian Sipes.  :o

Anyway, YouTube remembers the play as '78. I think it remains today as a great hit and a bad call.  :thumb:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #36 on: 19 Sep 2018, 04:07 am »
Speaking of quarterbacks wearing dresses, did you see that the Saints' Benjamin Watson said the League should just put flags on the QBs, or make it two-hand touch? He said this after the BS call on Clay Matthews, and he makes a compelling argument.

Before you just ignore the Saints guy, it should be noted that not only does he play offense, but is also the Vice President of the NFLPA. He's pretty much a clinch for the President position when he retires. 15 seasons, over 180 games, more than 500 catches, all with the Saints; a rare 'one-team' guy.

Hopefully he can have the flags made to look like a dress. :thumb:

bluemeanies

« Reply #37 on: 19 Sep 2018, 08:51 am »
I just don't have that enthusiasm this year with all of the politics put into the game by you know who.
This year I can care less about the game.
I will predict the Eagles have a not so good or bad season...via karma.
If a player in his heart has feelings about social injustice by all means take up a banner and wave it off the field where it would do some good. Go to Community centers, high schools and use TV to make your point but to take a knee during the national anthem is disrespectful no matter how you sugar coat it.
The men and woman who serve this country and risk their lives everyday are preserving your right TO disrespect the flag...Irony.
In countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, China and North Korea diesrespecting the flag would earn you a life in hard labor.
Now that is social injustice.
Sorry for the rant but I feel it had to be said.

Emil

« Reply #38 on: 19 Sep 2018, 12:00 pm »
I just don't have that enthusiasm this year with all of the politics put into the game by you know who.
This year I can care less about the game.
I will predict the Eagles have a not so good or bad season...via karma.
If a player in his heart has feelings about social injustice by all means take up a banner and wave it off the field where it would do some good. Go to Community centers, high schools and use TV to make your point but to take a knee during the national anthem is disrespectful no matter how you sugar coat it.
The men and woman who serve this country and risk their lives everyday are preserving your right TO disrespect the flag...Irony.
In countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, China and North Korea diesrespecting the flag would earn you a life in hard labor.
Now that is social injustice.
Sorry for the rant but I feel it had to be said.

Don't you fret, Bluemeanies. There is good coming from this.
Kapernick just signed a gazzillion dollar contract with Nike but don't think all that money is going into his pockets. No sir ree. Some of it is destined for the  Colin Kapernick Foundation which aims to " fight oppression of all kinds globally".
His first target will be the sweatshops in Asia that produce Nike shoes. Using child labor and paying workers
pennies while  promoting their $200 pair Air Jordans to inner city youth.

Not bad for a guy who sacrificed everything in something he believed in.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #39 on: 19 Sep 2018, 12:10 pm »
Like the manufactured connection between 9/11 and fire trucks, the playing of the national anthem at sporting events is a marketing measure to help keep us rabble in line. Defiance at their point of attack makes perfect sense. Furthermore, you are arguing for the suppression of free speech. Even though the knee is intended to bring attention to the wanton and sanctioned killing of black people for simply being in the wrong place at the time of unnecessary shooting, the media has chosen to make the gesture about patriotism.

No matter where you come down on this discussion, please keep in mind that we all have the right to express ourselves peacefully. Those who threaten to remove that right violently not only miss the point in their "patriotism" but violate the provisions of the FIRST AMENDMENT of our Constitution.

You have no enemies among the poor. The people who are trying to hurt you are the extremely wealthy who feel that they don't yet have enough. They make more money every day than you will in your lifetime yet they want to take more from you. Direct your energies toward them.

Please note that I very deliberately tried to remain apolitical in my wording. This is about how we think --- not how we vote.