AC wish list components

WGH

Re: AC wish list components
« Reply #20 on: 7 Sep 2009, 11:25 pm »

IMO the KingRex T20U is an exceptional amp, especially with the associated PSU. 

The KingRex pre-amp ain't too shabby either, I use one daily in my shop system and whether music is playing softly or blasting through the noise of power tools it is always a pleasure to listen too. I like it a lot.

I did a short review here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68537.0

Wayne

Wind Chaser

« Reply #21 on: 10 Sep 2009, 11:28 pm »
After initial talk, looks like we might be fortunate enough to organize AudioCircle Tour for
Dayens Ampino integrated amplifier. There is also possibility of group buy in the future...
If you think that it's a good idea, let me know.

I'm letting you know... this is a good idea.  Surely there has to be a few more people who agree or this will never see the light of day.  Don't be shy.  It's cheap and cheerful.  Speak up!

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
« Reply #22 on: 13 Sep 2009, 12:39 am »
Dayens Ampino Tour... count me in.

I intended to suggest the Musical Paradise MP 301, but I can't get their site to work properly. Maybe someone else can have a look.

www.musicalparadise.ca

Mariusz

« Reply #23 on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:46 am »
I am still waiting for details to make the Ampino amp tour possible.
If it is worthy candidate or not we will see it new thread which I will post later tonight.

As to Musical Paradise gear, well, I've contact them and am waiting for their answers, interest and pricing. No promises - it is up to the company. I can only suggest few ideas and try to make it work for them and us - AC members and audiophiles.

Any interesting suggestion are appreciated.

Mariusz

ebag4

« Reply #24 on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:51 am »
Hi Mariusz,
I would certainly be up for trying the Ampino, so please count me in if you are able to get a tour going.

Thanks,
Ed

Mariusz

« Reply #25 on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:57 am »
Hi Mariusz,
I would certainly be up for trying the Ampino, so please count me in if you are able to get a tour going.

Thanks,
Ed

Thanks Ed, however could you voice your interest in this thread http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71625.new#new devoted to Ampino amp tour.
I have just create it to keep this thread open for other suggestions as well.

Thanks
Mariusz :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #26 on: 15 Sep 2009, 10:09 am »
I'd love to see a tour for small active speakers (not desktop or iPod speakers).  I'll try to come up with a decent list.

Years ago I had a chance to A/B Paradigm Studio 20 (small 2-way standmounts, $800/pair) versus Paradigm Active 20 (same but with built in amps, $1,600/pair).  There was no comparison.  The Actives had noticeably flatter frequency response, were hugely more dynamic, and produced unbelievable amounts of deep bass.

It was an epiphany for me.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 11:50 am by JLM »