Does anyone know if Ricks kits/Designs will be posted elsewhere?

xsilverjag

Does anyone know if Ricks kits/Designs will be posted elsewhere?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Good question! I've wondered the same thing. His FB page was still up a couple weeks ago (if that's at all helpful).

I've considered calling his phone number, but didn't out of concern his <potentially distraught> wife might answer.  :oops: Edit: I overcame my fear and called his number. I called twice and got the same result 'beep beep beep'. Whereupon the call ended.

Perhaps someone in the Parts Express forum knows what's up with his designs. Alternatively, one could ask in the DIY Speaker Project Pad on FB. Javad or one of the other designers might know.

charmerci

Good question! I've wondered the same thing. His FB page was still up a couple weeks ago (if that's at all helpful).

I've considered calling his phone number, but didn't out of concern his <potentially distraught> wife might answer.  :oops: Edit: I overcame my fear and called his number. I called twice and got the same result 'beep beep beep'. Whereupon the call ended.

Perhaps someone in the Parts Express forum knows what's up with his designs. Alternatively, one could ask in the DIY Speaker Project Pad on FB. Javad or one of the other designers might know.

It's here on AC. Rick passed away a short while ago.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven

It's here on AC. Rick passed away a short while ago.

Yes. We understand this. The question is whether his speaker designs are still available?  :)

Michael

Phil A

There may be some stuff at places like - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/306737424598783507/  (or even here - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/rip-rick-craig-of-selah-audio.376162/). 

I have a greater appreciation for his work over the past couple of mnths.  A bunch of years back, I bought a demo pair of SA2s.  I put them on my desktop but there were really too big for there.  Probably about a month and a half back or so I bought a pair of powered Vanatoo speakers and upgraded the main system amp and moved the old amp to a secondary audio system with the SA2s and they sound great.

DoubleChin

Is there anyone running Selah Audio?

I would like to build and buy Rick’s 3-way speaker plan.

I would be grateful ,if someone can help

Phil A

Rick passed away just over a couple of years back.  I believe there is still a facebook page but it has not been updated since then.  The website is gone.  You can look at the Internet Way Back Machine to see if any of the old pages have been archived.

Phil A

The threads you''ve been posting in have not been active for a couple of years.

uncola

it would be cool if someone could open source one of his popular designs to keep his speakers out there in the wild..  like maybe his Tempesta I think that was his high end 3 way bookshelf with raal ribbon, accuton 2" ceramic dome midrange and 7" scanspeak illuminator woofer? 

Carl V

No idea about continuing his legacy.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I contacted his wife after he passed, however, I don't think she had any interest in it.  I was prepared to propose a full plan for flat packs which she would earn a few bucks per kit.  I believe the sudden loss was too much for her as her family needs are quite substantial.