money well spent..

jasonc

money well spent..
« on: 7 Jun 2003, 04:19 pm »
Got my 626Rs (FST, Auricaps, SC) a couple days ago.  Out of the box they sounded nice but somewhat bright and tight to be expected.  I listened to a few hours and emailed John at Bioforce.. great guy.. let him know they had arrived safely.. so on.. who casually mentions not to forget to remove the tape from the FST tweeter.  Well as luck would have it this here moron had.. not having the slightest idea I had been driving a Porsche with it's cover on.. but you could say hadn't really left it's driveway.. somehow missed the boat on this one :oops:.   Needless to say I remove the clear tape exposing ribbon and the 626s tranform into what I've read.  Out enters more than a couple signs of audio nirvana :mrgreen: .
Already they are incredibly sweet and detailed.. and this on bar stools(still waiting on the Sound Anchors w/ beard).  
I'd like to thank Wayne at Bolder Cables who convinved me on the 626s and his additional advise, and others here on this board.  
If your on the fence about getting the 626Rs for whatever reason I would advise you it may be wise to come down and get 'em :D .

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
money well spent..
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2003, 04:54 pm »
Just wait till you hear them with good tube equipment upstream - with tubes they do some things better than almost any other speaker I've heard.

Sa-dono

Re: money well spent..
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2003, 05:47 pm »
Quote from: jasonc
Got my 626Rs (FST, Auricaps, SC) a couple days ago.  Out of the box they sounded nice but somewhat bright and tight to be expected.  I listened to a few hours and emailed Jim at Bioforce.. great guy.. let him know they had arrived safely..

Congrats on receiving your new speakers! Just for future reference..Bioforce's name is John. Although I guess I could start calling him Jim...and then start calling him Jimmy..and then put a cap on him and call him Jimmy Hat...how bout it Jim?  :lol:

jasonc

money well spent..
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2003, 05:53 pm »
Tis the plan.  Right now though they sound surprisingly well the with the laid back "British sounding" Arcam AVR, one of the more musical receivers out there :D .

jasonc

money well spent..
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2003, 05:55 pm »
Edited.  Sorry John, you're not Jim!

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2003, 06:34 pm »
We have learned the hard way that changes in air pressure (like taking off the carton) can stretch the 13mg FST diaphragm and include a notice to remove the tape covering the tweeter (the tape, not the gray foam masks).

Somehow this notice never gets noticed.  I told John to warn all his customers.

Try a baffled stand that puts the upper portion of the mid panel at ear height, and make small level control adjustments for best results.

jasonc

money well spent..
« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2003, 06:55 pm »
Thanks Brian.  Where would that notice be.. could be I just didn't get one?  I must say the tape is pretty strong and not easy to cut with metal scissors especially with the magnet force pulling them in, but all in all not really a problem.