What is the longest anyone has had to wait...

Pretender

« on: 29 Mar 2003, 02:29 am »
for their speakers to arrive? I ordered a pair of RM2s on February 12th, and no word yet.  I did order an optional finish--However, when I first inquired about the RM2s, I was told it would take 3 weeks. Even if they were to have shipped today, it would be a total of 7 weeks since my order was placed. Is this typical??

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2003, 02:34 am »
I waited for 7 1/2 weeks I think for mine, but they were a custom finish too and it was CES season.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
custom finishes
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2003, 03:01 am »
We are at the mercy of our cabinetmaker when it comes to custom finishes, particularly one we haven't done before on an RM 2.  I expect delivery of the cabinets (lite cherry no stain) in the next few days.  I don't recommend ordering custom finishes if you are the least bit impatient.

Xi-Trum

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2003, 12:33 pm »
I waited abuot 2 months for my Rm40 (optional piano black finish).  But I wanted to since Brian was evaluating different fixes for the mid panel.  I only want it shipped when the fix is in.

I waited a looooong 3 DAYS for my (piano black) Larger Sub to ship.  Brian had it in stock and worked on it within days of getting the order.    8)

WorldWind

• http://www.bobsbrain.com
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2003, 06:49 pm »
Well not exactly the same thing but during my first tour in-country I got a R&R in Germany so I hopped a flight to Darmstaught and went to the US audio club there. I bought a pare of JBL studio monitors and had them dropshiped to The States. It turned out to be 26 months before I got to listen to them.

Pretender

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2003, 01:50 pm »
Yes, I guess I am a little impatient...However, I was never asked about this trait when I placed my order  :wink:

I am getting better--Unfortunately, the older I get, the faster time seems to go by...