Fans of the Quantum Symphony Pro from 15+ years ago

Mike82

Fans of the Quantum Symphony Pro from 15+ years ago
« on: 22 Dec 2019, 06:43 pm »
I haven't seen this on AC, but there is a new company run by Quantum founder, Bill Stierhout, who has a new line of PLCs similar to his Symphony/Symphony Pro from years back.  Quite a few years ago, Nordost bought his company and started using his technology in their QRT products, but they are quite a bit pricier than the origonal Symphony.

Bill's company is called ADD POWR and they sell stuff from ElectraClear up to 30 lbs devices (the Sorcer).

Back in the day, I used a Symphony Pro which I found imparted a naturalness, for lack of a better term, to the music.  The unit finally broke down and I wasn't doing too much audio since we had adopted twin 6 yr old boys which took up any free time I had.

Anyway, I'm happy to see the Quantum tech is now again available at reasonable cost and I look forward to getting a Symphony for my modest system (Rega Elicit-R, Saturn-R, Dynaudio Focus 110, Pro-Ject t-t).

mick wolfe

Re: Fans of the Quantum Symphony Pro from 15+ years ago
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2019, 09:33 pm »
I've been enjoying the little Electraclear plug-ins myself. Suggested to me by AC member Tomy2Tone.

xsb7244

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2019, 04:22 am »
Just so happens I placed an order for a Symphony Pro from Bill yesterday. I have accumulated several ElectraClears which I have been thoroughly impressed with so I’m eager to see and hear what the Symphony Pro can do.

eichlerera1

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2019, 05:12 am »
Have used the Quantum Symphony for many moons.
The Symphony Pro imparted a "Tubey sound".
Since my entire system is tube based, I didn't need that type of sound.

witchdoctor

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2019, 04:02 pm »
I am still using a Quantum Symphony Octet power strip and want to get another one. Thanks very much for posting this. I have tried various power products and this one improves everything downstream from it.