Nor Cal get together

Charles Calkins

Nor Cal get together
« on: 25 May 2011, 11:36 pm »
Hi Guys:
 Anybody out there that would like to comeamyhouse for a session. I live in Martinez. If so let me know and we can work out some dates for the near future.                   

Cheers
                                                Charlie

morganc

Re: Nor Cal get together
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2011, 04:11 am »
Hi Guys:
 Anybody out there that would like to comeamyhouse for a session. I live in Martinez. If so let me know and we can work out some dates for the near future.                   

Cheers
                                                Charlie

Hi Charlie,
     What were you thinking?  What kind of system do you have? 
Imwould be interested in something over the summer.
Cheers,
Morgan

galyons

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2011, 02:52 pm »
Charlie,
Just let me know when you have in mind!
Geary

Sonny

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2011, 04:48 pm »
Charlie, I'd love to come but with a new born baby girl, that's highly improbable.  Have a good time!
Tuan

GBB

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2011, 07:44 pm »
Charlie, I'd love to come but with a new born baby girl, that's highly improbable.  Have a good time!
Tuan

Tuan - congratulations on the new baby!  I hope that everyone is doing well and that you're getting a little sleep.  Hope things calm down enough that you can join us one day.

Charles - pick a date and you'll get plenty of folks to drop by.

---Gary

Sonny

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2011, 07:46 pm »
Thanks Gary, everyone is doing well!
Sleep is actually ok!  It's just fun watching baby Annabelle sleep (making faces) and the like!
Haven't turned on the system since!
T

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2011, 02:47 pm »
Hi Guys:

Cheers
                                                Charlie

Would Sunday June 26th work for anybody that is interested in dropping by for a session?

Cheers
                                  Charlie

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2011, 09:23 pm »
Hi Charlie-  Nor & So Cal Fritz here...     I'd like to check out your system & visit with any other Bay area AC members who can attend.     

My girlfriend & I are going to see Lucinda Williams in Santa Rosa on June 24th, she's also playing the next day at The Mountain Winery in Saratoga if anyone is interested.  Great live show, we saw her last year at the Uptown in Napa (pictured below) which is a fantastic place for music!  It's an old art deco movie theater that has been totally restored/remodeled and they added a wine & beer bar to boot!
http://www.uptowntheatrenapa.com/

Please keep me posted on the date & time.

Thanks, Fritz

Charles Calkins

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jun 2011, 12:01 am »
Hi Charlie-  Nor & So Cal Fritz here...     I'd like to check out your system & visit with any other Bay area AC members who can attend.     

My girlfriend & I are going to see Lucinda Williams in Santa Rosa on June 24th, she's also playing the next day at The Mountain Winery in Saratoga if anyone is interested.  Great live show, we saw her last year at the Uptown in Napa (pictured below) which is a fantastic place for music!  It's an old art deco movie theater that has been totally restored/remodeled and they added a wine & beer bar to boot!
http://www.uptowntheatrenapa.com/

Please keep me posted on the date & time.

Thanks, Fritz

Fritz:
  Very little response to my post about a session at my house on the 26th. But if you or any other audioholics would like to comeamyhouse on the 26th I'd be more than happy to have you come. I'll stock up on Sam Adams beer and anything you like. If you are interested let us say the party starts around 1:PM

I live at:
   415 Freda Ct.
   Martinez Ca.
                                               Cheers
                                               Charlie

morganc

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2011, 03:32 am »
Hi Charlie,
    You might generate interest if you tell us what we would be coming over for?  What kind of system do you have and what music do you listen to?  At least it may interest me more to know that :D
Cheers,
Morgan

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jun 2011, 07:22 am »
Thanks for the invite Charlie, that should be fun.  I always enjoy meeting new fellow audiophools...  Err,,  Ahh...,  I mean audiophiles.  And a couple of cold ones always enhances the listening experience!  Maybe some others will join us.

Morgan-  From Charlies gallery picture, it looks like some Von Schweikert speakers & I spy a pair of Channel Island amps?  Looks like it sounds good.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jun 2011, 02:45 pm »
Hi Charlie,
    You might generate interest if you tell us what we would be coming over for?  What kind of system do you have and what music do you listen to?  At least it may interest me more to know that :D
Cheers,
Morgan

Morgan:
  I listen to mostly easy and smooth music. Bring a CD or two with you if you decide to come. I have a Rega TT so if you have some LP's bring some. Whatever. Just an invite to audio Buds that would like to kick back for an afternoon and B.S.

Cheers
                                                Charlie

galyons

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2011, 02:34 am »
Morgan:
  I listen to mostly easy and smooth music. Bring a CD or two with you if you decide to come. I have a Rega TT so if you have some LP's bring some. Whatever. Just an invite to audio Buds that would like to kick back for an afternoon and B.S.

Cheers
                                                Charlie

Sounds ideal!  I will try to make the gathering, with the caveat that I have agreed to tour a wedding venue with my daughter that Sat or Sun.

Cheers,
Geary

morganc

« Reply #13 on: 6 Jun 2011, 04:24 am »
Morgan:

Cheers

Charlie

Thanks Charlie.....that sounds like a good time.   I'll see if I am free that weekend.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jun 2011, 03:57 am »
Hi Guys:
 Just got back from the Rodney Strong vineyard in Healdsburg. As I'm sure you all know they have a summer concert series. Today was #1 of 5 they'll have this year. Saw "Jazz attack" Rick Braun. Peter White. Jerald Albright. Great weather! Great music! I'm looking forward to the 4 other concerts this summer.

So Anyhow
 The 26th will be here before you know it. I sure hope that some of you goofy audioholics can stop by and enjoy a little music. Sam Adams(beer)and some nibblers or Hey!! I might surprise you!!!. Bring your appetite!!

And!!
 Frank Van Alstine is shipping my new Vision Hybrid Dac to me on Monday. Should have it Thursday.

Now I'll have three dac's for us to compare. Cheap. Mid priced. And Expensive!
 AND!!! if there are any Dad's out there. Well all I can say is Happy Father's day to all of you.

Cheers
                                                      Charlie
   P.S.
   My address is:
         415 Freda Ct.
          Martinez Ca.
   I'll do another post on the 25th as a reminder.

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jun 2011, 07:06 pm »
Hi Charlie- I'll be there, does anyone else think they can make it?  Fritz

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #16 on: 22 Jun 2011, 08:34 pm »
Enjoy your new DAC, I certainly enjoy mine!

Hi Guys:
 Just got back from the Rodney Strong vineyard in Healdsburg. As I'm sure you all know they have a summer concert series. Today was #1 of 5 they'll have this year. Saw "Jazz attack" Rick Braun. Peter White. Jerald Albright. Great weather! Great music! I'm looking forward to the 4 other concerts this summer.

So Anyhow
 The 26th will be here before you know it. I sure hope that some of you goofy audioholics can stop by and enjoy a little music. Sam Adams(beer)and some nibblers or Hey!! I might surprise you!!!. Bring your appetite!!

And!!
 Frank Van Alstine is shipping my new Vision Hybrid Dac to me on Monday. Should have it Thursday.

Now I'll have three dac's for us to compare. Cheap. Mid priced. And Expensive!
 AND!!! if there are any Dad's out there. Well all I can say is Happy Father's day to all of you.

Cheers
                                                      Charlie
   P.S.
   My address is:
         415 Freda Ct.
          Martinez Ca.
   I'll do another post on the 25th as a reminder.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jun 2011, 08:43 pm »
Tone Depth:
 UPS delivered it half hour ago. It's hooked up and working. Too soon to evaluate. One thing I notice is that my CD player has more gain. Example Using the CD player. Pre volume setting at 9 puts out about an honest 94db.
DAC hooked up. Pre volume has to be boosted to around a little bit less than 10 to get 94db.

Interesting subject don't you think!!

Cheers
                                         Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #18 on: 25 Jun 2011, 03:35 pm »

Tomorrow is the 26th

Come one. Come all.

Anytime after 1pm. It'll be a warm day here in Martinez tomorrow.
                  So dress casual. QkieDokie??? Until then see you tomorrow.

Cheers
                                        Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #19 on: 25 Jun 2011, 08:50 pm »
Bump in case anybody didn't catch this