Looking for Assistance in cuting out a subwoofer baffle...just the baffle

Sonny

Hi there,
Tuan here and was wondering if anyone has the tools/know how to cut out some baffles for me, perhaps in exchange for a set of I/C?

I need two baffles, they are circular and then need to have 12" cut out for this driver:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-445&scqty=2

Please let me know.  I am in the SF/Oakland area.

Thanks
Tuan
« Last Edit: 5 May 2011, 11:40 pm by Sonny »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Tuan, I'm in Idaho. If you don't find someone locally, I'd be happy to do some trading with you. Shipping wouldn't be huge for two baffles, I don't think.

Sonny

Tuan, I'm in Idaho. If you don't find someone locally, I'd be happy to do some trading with you. Shipping wouldn't be huge for two baffles, I don't think.

Cool, thanks Peter, you've read about my i/c i assume...yes, i don't know what the shipping would be, but they would basically be 3/4" to 1" thick MDF, about 16" in diameter with the center cut out for a 12" driver.  Here is what the cut out would have to be...and you can do it off centered! 
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-445&scqty=2

Tuan
« Last Edit: 5 May 2011, 11:40 pm by Sonny »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Cool, thanks Peter, you've read about my i/c i assume.]

Tuan

I've read a little, i think, but if there's a thread somewhere I'd read more.
3/4" MDF weighs in about 3 lbs. per square ft. Can't imagine the whole package exceeding 10-12 lbs.
I'm in my shop all day tommrrow and could cut them out. Looks like the thru hole is 11 1/8. I've got just enough 1" and loads of 3/4".

PM me if you like.

Sonny

I've read a little, i think, but if there's a thread somewhere I'd read more.
3/4" MDF weighs in about 3 lbs. per square ft. Can't imagine the whole package exceeding 10-12 lbs.
I'm in my shop all day tommrrow and could cut them out. Looks like the thru hole is 11 1/8. I've got just enough 1" and loads of 3/4".

PM me if you like.

thanks..might as well do them for me, whatever that drawing says is what it should be, I'll PM with the exact diameter of the baffle...and 1 inch is better.
Thanks
Tuan

Sonny

Peter, thanks for offering, but it does not look like is going to work with this cabinet!  :duh:

Will have to get a different design.  Thanks for offering!

kick_ass_a_tron

I am somewhat available for help in fab if needed and I'm in the Bay Area. LMK