Magna Riser Airborne Stands for the Magneplanar LRS Loudspeakers

Saturn94

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/magna-riser-airborne-stands/

I’m anxious to try out the Airborne stands (ordered Dec 12th....delivery has been delayed due to production delays).  No big deal, it happens.  Hopefully they’ll be ready soon.

I see the price has jumped quite a bit since I ordered mine.  In fact, they had already increased in price (up $10) between the time I started considering them (Oct/Nov?) and the time I placed my order.

Personally, I think the reviewer was a bit harsh describing the stock stands.  I wouldn’t describe them as flimsy.  Sure, perhaps they don’t hold the panel in an ideal position, though they offer some adjustability.

Frankly, my LRS sound great with the stock stands.  I’m looking forward to hearing how much improvement I get from the Airbornes.
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2020, 06:35 am by Saturn94 »

jhm731

I’m anxious to try out the Airborne stands (ordered Dec 12th....delivery has been delayed due to production delays).  Hopefully they’ll be ready soon.

I see the price has jumped quite a bit since I ordered mine.  In fact, they had already increased in price (up $10) between the time I started considering them (Oct/Nov?) and the time I placed my order.

Personally, I think the reviewer was a bit harsh describing the stock stands.  I don’t find them flimsy at all.  Sure, perhaps they don’t hold the panel in an ideal position, but at least they offer some adjustability.

Frankly, my LRS sound great with the stock stands.  It’ll be interesting to hear how much improvement I get from the Airbornes.

WOW, an upgrade that only increased $10. LOL!

Saturn94

WOW, an upgrade that only increased $10. LOL!

Ah, I can see I wasn’t clear.  The price went up again, another $40 increase, after I ordered, so a total $50 increase due to increased costs to the manufacturer.  I do not mean to imply anything negative by this comment.  It was just an observation.

That said, they are still significantly less than other aftermarket stands I considered, and look much better, IMO.  :thumb:  I just got lucky I ordered before the recent increase.  :D

Reading the great review has me even more excited about receiving my Airborne stands.  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

Ah, I can see I wasn’t clear.  The price went up again, another $40 increase, after I ordered, so a total $50 increase due to increased costs to the manufacturer.

Or greed via supply vs demand.

I’d keep an eye on aliexpress.com - no doubt it’s just a matter of time before they offer the equivalent for a 1/3 the price, or less.   :thumb:

:popcorn:

Saturn94

Or greed via supply vs demand.

I’d keep an eye on aliexpress.com - no doubt it’s just a matter of time before they offer the equivalent for a 1/3 the price, or less.   :thumb:

:popcorn:

In my conversation with Magna Riser I don’t get the impression/vibe at all this is case here.

jhm731

Ah, I can see I wasn’t clear.  The price went up again, another $40 increase, after I ordered, so a total $50 increase due to increased costs to the manufacturer.  I do not mean to imply anything negative by this comment.  It was just an observation.

That said, they are still significantly less than other aftermarket stands I considered, and look much better, IMO.  :thumb:  I just got lucky I ordered before the recent increase.  :D

Reading the great review has me even more excited about receiving my Airborne stands.  :thumb:

Look forward to your comments about them.

I'm going to try and order the LRS tomorrow.

Saturn94

Look forward to your comments about them.

I'm going to try and order the LRS tomorrow.

Did you order the LRS?

I’m really enjoying them.  :thumb:

jhm731

Did you order the LRS?

I’m really enjoying them.  :thumb:

I tried to order them, but they won't ship to me in HI.

Saturn94

I tried to order them, but they won't ship to me in HI.

Ugh, that sucks. ☹️

Wind Chaser

I saw some used pairs on Canuck Audio in the last few days and at least 6 pairs in recent months.

YMMV  :D

Craig B

That's a pretty amazing review. I loved reading all the detail on Rob's process. I corresponded with him a fair amount when ordering and installing his Multi Riser model on my .7s last fall, but we never took quite that deep an informational dive. Everything he says about the sonic benefits has been amply demonstrated to my ears, in my system. And compared to the price of competitors' stands, they're a steal. I tell every Maggie owner and potential owner I can about how great these things are.

brooklyn

Oh, I like those Magna Riser Stands. It looks like I'm going to have to get a pair for my .7's..
There beautiful.. Thanks for posting..