Win a $200 ACI Gift Certificate . . . and be eligible for the Grand Prize :)

Mike Dzurko

This is a contest that some of you will already be able to enter multiple times  :D

We want to see what audio and video forums are most frequented. Please submit this form for each forum that you visit and or participate in. And, you'll also be automatically entered in a Grand Prize drawing to be held this coming October at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. 

The first drawing for a $200 Gift Certificate will be held Monday, March 31.
****April 1, Note, scroll to the end of this thread. Winner has been chosen. Form has been reset so you can enter the next drawing (prize and date to be announced).
Enter here: http://www.audioc.com/Contests/entryform.htm

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your name or email will absolutely NOT be used for anything other than this drawing. If you want to be on our mailing list, (a darn good idea for you)  do that here:  http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/mailinglist.htm

« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2008, 02:45 pm by Mike Dzurko »

griller

Re: Win a $200 ACI Gift Certificate
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:53 pm »
I'm in. But I hope this doesn't turn the normally mild-mannered ACI fans into the crazy fanboys like some other companies have. That is a bit of a turn-off to me. 

Question, do you plan on doing this again?

BTW, what are some of the other forums besides here, AVS, Home-Theater, AA ?  Maybe people can add their favs here. I'd personally like to get out more  :icon_lol:

Alan

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2008, 11:56 pm »
This is a contest that some of you will already be able to enter multiple times  :D

Each time you post something positive about ACI on one of the different AV forums you can enter. Say you've posted here on AudioCircle, something at AVS Forums, and at Audiogon . . . you would have three entries to submit. Takes less than 10 seconds to enter! You'll be doing folks a favor by letting them know about ACI. And, you'll also be automatically entered in a Grand Prize drawing to be held this coming October at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. 

The first drawing for a $200 Gift Certificate will be held Monday, March 31.

Enter here: http://www.audioc.com/Contests/entryform.htm

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your name or email will absolutely NOT be used for anything other than this drawing. If you want to be on our mailing list, (a darn good idea for you)  do that here:  http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/mailinglist.htm

I have ethical problems with this.

While I think it's informative having these manufacturer's circles, this is getting a little too cozy. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

If I go to a forum looking for opinions on speakers, I don't want to see that those giving opinions are trying to win some contest.

Photon46

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2008, 12:14 am »
I've gotta agree with Alan, this encourages quasi-spam masquerading as genuine thread contributions. I know a business always has to look for creative merchandising techniques, but this one smells a bit too much of PT Barnum style hucksterism. I'm one of the biggest fans of ACI, but I'll give my advice and encouragement to buy ACI products without being a compensated as an endorser. We don't need to pollute our circles with infomercials.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2008, 12:37 am »
Folks, I sincerely appreciate the input. We most certainly do NOT want anyone, anywhere, anytime, doing ANYTHING spam like on our account. The real goals were simply to have a bit of fun, maybe learn what forums are most frequented, and yes, get our name out in more places. I'm going to sleep on this one. Additional input is welcome.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2008, 01:58 pm »
Contest has been modified, see original post. Thanks again for the input.

Eric

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2008, 04:25 pm »
Done

griller

Curriosity peaked, what is the Grand Prize going to be?

Mike Dzurko

Curriosity peaked, what is the Grand Prize going to be?

It’s a state secret.  It is so secret that nobody, including me knows.   :lol:

Here’s what I can tell you. We wanted to do some fun drawings and such last year for our 30th Birthday. The new facility and move just took too much time and frankly, we’re still scrambling. However, we’re a lot further this year than we were last year. Within a couple of months we should done with all the main floor and warehouse construction. Sometime this summer the upstairs offices (including mine) will be completed. So we’re already starting to get rolling on some of the fun stuff we wanted to do last year.  The peak of the party is going to be at RMAF. The drawing for Grand Prize will be held, but you won’t have to be in attendance to win. It’s almost eight months until RMAF. How successful these early drawings are will go a long way toward determining just what the Grand Prize is going to be.

Thump553

Looking forward to it.

Toka

Done!  8)

Mike Dzurko

Only 3 weeks to go! The most commonly listed by far is AudioCircle.   Some of the others include:

Audioasylum, Audiogon, AVS, Audio Nervosa, DIY Audio, Sound and Vision

Remember each forum you list counts as a separate entry . . .

Mike Dzurko

One week to go . . .  remember, you can enter multiple times.  8)

Mike Dzurko

Entries and photos will be accepted until the end of today (Monday the 31st0. A winner will be drawn tomorrow and emailed. Thanks and good luck to all who are participating!

Mike Dzurko

We have a winner!

The winner's initials are J.K. and you will be receiving notice and your gift certificate within 24 hours. Thanks to all who entered. We are resetting the form and you may start entering for the next (to be announced) drawing.  And, everyone has been entered into the Grand Prize drawing to be held in October at RMAF.

griller

Hey wait a minute, I was planning on winning! I already know what I'm going to use it for  :lol:  So what happens if you can't contact the winner?

Mike Dzurko

Hey wait a minute, I was planning on winning! I already know what I'm going to use it for  :lol:  So what happens if you can't contact the winner?

Remember, never, ever, give up  :D   Keep entering both the forum entries, and send photos. A new drawing will soon be announced. And, you are eligible for the Grand Prize in October aa

IF we can't contact a winner within 10 days, we would draw again. In this instance, the winner was contacted, replied, and was sent his Gift Certificate.

griller

Don't worry, I ain't giving up. I'm entering everything I can until I WIN!!!