Well You Asked For Them (pictures + 1 final question)

drcruz

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1453

My humble system:
- 50 in. Panny 6UY Plasma
- Old Pioneer VSX-711 HT Receiver - I think the DAC is bright
- Old Toshiba SD-2600 DVD - No Complaints
- Old Yahama 5 disk CD Player - better music DAC then the Pio (not as harsh)
- 5 Channels of last generation SpeakerCraft In-Ceiling AIM 3's - the speakers are aimable, but they don't image well and it's hard to aim at sweet spot. Plus sound stage comes from the ceiling. It's like being in the front row w/o the volume.  :(

- ALL Wrapped in a Salamander Synergy Triple 30

AND MY FIRST STEP INTO COOL AUDIO...

1 Pair of ACI Forces  :D

I'm really happy w/ the forces - I get the smoothes FR when plugged into the Pre-amp Center and NOT the SUB out.  But currently they are plugged into the Sub Out.

I'm very happy w/ the sound. I've been listening closely to the base player in the Worship Band of the Church I go to - it's a very good band BTW - and I can't tell the difference between the live band and the Forces  :D . The only difference is volume because I normally don't listen to music very loud at home.

I just watched the Olyphant (sp?) scene of ROTK - I'm definitely moving air even at moderate levels (dialog + music @ ~75 db).

Once I get the NEW Onix Emotiva Ultralights I'm going to plug the Forces into the L+R channels AND the Sub Out  8)  . I hope it turns out as well as I'm hoping for.

Next project will be to mess w/ the phase to smooth out the 65 Hz bump I'm getting.

QUESTION:

The green lights stay on all the time, the red light never comes on the subs - should I worry?

Thanks ACI for your GREAT and AFFORDABLE Subs

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2006, 08:02 pm »
They look great in your room!

Green is good . . .  they go green as soon as the relay kicks in and should always stay green.

drcruz

« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2006, 08:30 pm »
Cool, Thanks Mike...