Serbian Tour

Audiovista

Serbian Tour
« on: 25 Sep 2008, 12:41 am »
Well, I'm back from vacation in Serbia, below are some pics I took. Turns out that Srajan also visited Serbia (10 days after I left) and his excellent coverage is now on 6moons. Pretty good section on Trafomatic, with quite a few "behind the scenes" pics:

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/roadtourserbia/trafomatic.html

Many thanks to Srajan for the great coverage of audio scene in this small and neglected country!  :thumb: :beer:

Here are some of my pics. I will not bother with much text, it'd be very pale compared to Srajan's prose.

Downtown Sremska Mitrovica, a small city 60 miles west of Belgrade. That's where my base is when I visit.

Many kids and lots of fun at my parents' house

But my son likes to work in the garden too...

Kids enjoy having unrestricted access to monuments:

in downtown Mitrovica

and, especially, in the War Museum in Belgrade

There was also a regional folk fest in the digs of ancient Roman city of Sirmium - on it's ruins Sremska Mitrovica was built in early medieval times

Then I met with the Trafomatic team:

Left to right:

Milorad Despotovic - Trafomatic
Darko Sasic - Audio Consultant
Sasa Cokic - Trafomatic
and myself... no, I'm not that taller - I'm on a hill...

A trip would not be complete without visit to Mladenovac and Trafomatic headquarters... Sasa was just finishing Head One for one of my customers

while few power trannies were waiting for evaluation testing

and his crew was hard at work making new trannies

New wood trim for Reference Monoblocks had just arrived for inspection

And finally - an invention worth mentioning: 2 liter (0.5 gal) bottle of beer! The one in the picture has only 5.5% of alcohol, but the one with 7% really got close to my heart  aa :beer:

All in all, fun trip, perfect weather and even better company. I'm loking forward to going back again soon  :D

« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2008, 02:29 am by Audiovista »

mca

Re: Serbian Tour
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2008, 12:57 am »
Great pics Boris and agreed that the coverage by Srajan was excellent. It was very interesting to see behind the scenes and get an idea of what goes into making the Trafomatic amplifiers.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2008, 01:20 am »
I do love your new line Boris, Take care.

Audiovista

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2008, 01:45 am »
Many Thanks!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2008, 03:41 am »
Nice photo's Boris....thanks. :thumb:

And finally - an invention worth mentioning: 2 liter (0.5 gal) bottle of beer! The one in the picture has only 5.5% of alcohol, but the one with 7% really got close to my heart ...

I hope you brought back a few....coming to the next Rave ?  :wink:    :beer: :lol:

Take care...

Chris

Audiovista

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2008, 03:09 am »
Nice photo's Boris....thanks. :thumb:

And finally - an invention worth mentioning: 2 liter (0.5 gal) bottle of beer! The one in the picture has only 5.5% of alcohol, but the one with 7% really got close to my heart ...

I hope you brought back a few....coming to the next Rave ?  :wink:    :beer: :lol:

Take care...

Chris

Beer is not an efficient way to transport alcohol, I prefer something bit more concentrated  :lol:

No Rave for me, getting ready to travel to China... where I'll stay even during RMAF  :cry:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2008, 03:13 am »
Have a safe trip Boris.... :thumb:

Audiovista

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2008, 01:01 am »
Thanks Chris,

It was fun last time... cheapest Coke in and around Beijing is on The Great Wall, after you (and the guy selling the soda) climb million steps....

But I missed you - these speakers seemed so lonely....

This one (above) actually played very well with the amp below. It wasn't cheap though, if I remember well the speaker was ~$4500 (pair) and the amp ~$3000.....

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2008, 01:35 am »
Bring that mtm slimline to the states  :thumb: