Danny's new look

Speaker Challenged

Danny's new look
« on: 12 Mar 2023, 08:56 am »
Cmon Hobbs you need to update the website photo of Danny from the mad professor with that hair to the new bearded Danny. CEO of GR Research :lol: :lol: :lol:

sumoking

Re: Danny's new look
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2023, 05:02 pm »
New look and new direction...   Was more than a little surprised that he started making box speakers. I had just watched his video with Clayton and you would have thought open baffle was the only option.  I understand he commented about the Otica's and Extremes in the clip, but it didn't matter it was about how amazing the new box speakers are.  Glad he is doing what he wants and his business is growing. Clearly has been dedicated to being innovative and teaching others.  Ron helped him up his marketing game and it has been paying off. Better speakers for more to enjoy which is a good thing. All good.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2023, 04:06 am by sumoking »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2023, 08:03 pm »
New look and new direction...   Was more than a little surprised that he started making box speakers. I had just watched his video with Clayton and you would have thought open baffle was the only option.  I understand he commented about the Otica's and Extremes in the clip, but it didn't matter it was about how amazing the new box speakers are.   I'm quite sure that box speakers sell better. Glad he is doing what he wants and his business is growing. Clearly has been dedicated to being innovative and teaching others.  Ron helped him up his marketing game and it has been paying off. Better speakers for more to enjoy which is a good thing. All good.

He's always had box speakers.  The OB speakers are the top of the line that he offers (and yes they are that good).  But GR Research has always offered lower priced box kits.

fridays

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2023, 02:19 am »
I like him before Ron

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:34 am »
He's always had box speakers.  The OB speakers are the top of the line that he offers (and yes they are that good).  But GR Research has always offered lower priced box kits.

+1 The First GR speakers I built back in 2012 were a pair of X-LS Encores and an X-CS Encore for a center channel. In 2013 I built Danny's N3 transmission line tower speakers for my living room system. These are all box speakers and the N3s sound just as good today as they did after they were burned in almost 10 years ago. Spent this evening listening to music with the N3s. I listen to them everyday for TV and movies but don't get to listen to music much since the living room system is my wife's domain. The Encores sound just as good today also but they are no longer mine. I gave them to my stepson after I built my first GR open baffle speakers, the Wedgies.

sumoking

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2023, 04:04 am »

Yes he did. I'm sure the new speaker is a great speaker!

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2023, 11:50 pm »
I like him before Ron

I like him before Ron as well.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2023, 12:14 am »

Down with Ron!  :P

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #8 on: 17 Mar 2023, 12:27 am »
Didn’t Ron turn Danny into a YouTube star?  Danny seems the same to me despite never having met him in person.  I have spoken to him a few times.  :peek:

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2023, 01:32 am »
Okay, I am just trying to be more like Ron.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2023, 01:37 am »

:lol: :lol: :lol: