New website up

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
New website up
« on: 22 Oct 2012, 06:00 am »
Hey everybody..... my new website is up and being added to daily!  Here is a review I got from a member here.....

http://www.srlacoustics.com/8-ft-wide-bare-diffuser/

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: New website up
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2012, 01:42 am »
Gee I can't seem to find an AC member who's username is Unknown:lol: Regardless, that's a whole lotta difusser, 8 foot wide x 4 foot high for only $400. Killer deal imho.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

rjbond3rd

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2012, 01:53 am »
Hi SRL,

Would you be willing to explain about your diffusers, and what they can do to improve one's room / system?

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2012, 03:35 pm »
My diffusers are Schroeder based designs, which have been well proven in the top recording studios, concert halls, and media rooms.  Perhaps I should let my customer's remarks fill in some performance details.  Here is a review from Rob S., I don't think he would mind being known as himself rather than "unknown".

"I thought I was limited in what I could achieve in my listening space by a wide open room that was also very shallow. After mounting this large diffuser on the back wall it was as if the space behind the listening position had expanded by 3x. The effect was quite dramatic especially the enhancement of lower frequencies, and imaging of stereo content. While my wife was skeptical (I had to remove a piece of art she liked in order to mount the diffusor)even she could even tell the difference in the listening. The upright bass in The Raconteurs "Old Enough" sounds as if it is in the listening room where before I could never seem to get it sounding quite right, it was either flat or too boomy despite having tried several of another manufacturer's absorption solutions in several different arrangements."

rjbond3rd

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2012, 04:38 pm »
Aha, I like the idea of mounting it behind the listening area, and getting much improved imaging.  I am actively pondering your solution -- it could be the one thing I haven't yet tried!  Thank you.

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2012, 06:53 pm »
Gee I can't seem to find an AC member who's username is Unknown:lol: Regardless, that's a whole lotta difusser, 8 foot wide x 4 foot high for only $400. Killer deal imho.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Holy cow, really? Must look.

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2012, 07:00 pm »
Could you describe it a little more, how to mount, depth of the wells, performance, etc?

:thumb:

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2013, 02:49 am »
Happy new year!

That picture is from a recording studio installation, flush mounted in the wall (Liquid 5th in North Carolina).  Normally these are hung on the wall, the depth of that unit is 9", the depth is related to the "target frequency" this unit is target around 900 hz.  That is not the lower limit, it is around the center of the range in effectiveness.  I have delivered diffusers with depth up to 15" which get a great response because they effect even the low bass part of the spectrum.  I am starting to put up more pictures on my blog, and I welcome any and all questions. 

Enjoy the music!

Allen Rumbaugh
SRL Acoustics
www.srlacoustics.com

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jan 2013, 08:11 pm »
Allen,I see on your web page you have prime 7's but they are covered,nice to see picts(naked version).

Rclark

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm »
I think you should change the title of your thread to include "$400 8 foot by 4 foot qrd diffuser". That would draw a LOT more attention.  8)

You're in the que for me, not sure if next or later purchase,  it that's a fantastic deal.

Even the shipping cost is reasonable when the total cost and product are compared to rivals.