It Lives! ACI's new Listening Room #1

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: It Lives! ACI's new Listening Room #1
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jan 2008, 05:37 pm »
I think I'm seeing a road trip in the near future...

Bryan

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #21 on: 2 Jan 2008, 06:36 pm »
Real nice room, some GIK panels w/wood trim that matches the ceiling would really really be sweet. As for color, I don't have a clue but I would suspect it would want to be a light color?  :dunno: Any ideas on where the XL's might be located? How far away from the front walls do you have them Sapphires Mike? That's it for questions.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Robin:

GIKs will of course be required here :)  Right now I have not optimized placement, just set them about where I figured they should go and turned the equipment on. I wanted to be able to listen to music while I finished up other details like finishing up the tray lighting, paint touch ups, setting up the measurement computer etc.   Critical listening and placement tweaking will probably start in a week or two . . .  oh, and we ran inwall wires to a variety of locations to be able to do up to 7.1 and those need to terminated in wall plates etc.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jan 2008, 08:48 pm »
I think I'm seeing a road trip in the near future...

Bryan

Bryan:

That would be very cool! 

jrebman

« Reply #23 on: 4 Jan 2008, 06:10 pm »
Mike,

Congrats!  We've spoken about this a few times and I know how excited you are about it, but now it's reality and only up from here.

Interestingly enough, my system finally came back to life yesterday afternoon, but that's for another thread :-).  You'll see that we did many of the same things in order to be able to just play music.

-- Jim

Brian Bunge

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jan 2008, 05:15 pm »
Mike,

I'm very happy to see that things are moving along quite nicely at ACI.  Every now and then I miss my old Opals and little Emeralds.  They are, after all, what got me interested in higher end speakers.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 8 Jan 2008, 08:41 pm »
Mike,

I'm very happy to see that things are moving along quite nicely at ACI.  Every now and then I miss my old Opals and little Emeralds.  They are, after all, what got me interested in higher end speakers.

Welcome back Brian, nice to see you're posting again.  :D

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #26 on: 8 Jan 2008, 10:44 pm »
Nice job Mike! Bet she's gonna sound sweet, especially when you get the GIK's in there. :thumb:

I was all excited because it was getting close to time for me to order some GIK goodies and we just found out we are getting transferred out of state! Now I'm going to have to find the right house with the right room and start all over again......  :(

John

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #27 on: 8 Jan 2008, 11:09 pm »
Doh!  :duh:  I hate it when that happens.

Good luck house hunting.

Bryan

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #28 on: 8 Jan 2008, 11:51 pm »
Brian, long time no talk! Yep, it is all very good here. . .  thanks and hope all is well w/ you. We should catch up sometime.

John, enjoy the house hunting. May you find a real gem at the right price.

I had a little time this weekend and after a bit of listening with the room "bare"  We are filling backorders for subs so I'm just running the Mightly Little Sapphire XLs on their own. One of the electricians listened for a bit and kept looking for where we'd hidden or built in subs.  I just had to throw some of my old treatments in . . .  made  me even more fired up to do it all the way with GIK    :green:

Brian Bunge

« Reply #29 on: 9 Jan 2008, 01:48 am »
Mike,

You've got PM!:)

griller

« Reply #30 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:45 pm »
Mike, is this listening room going to be open to the public? 

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #31 on: 14 Jan 2008, 08:37 pm »
Mike, is this listening room going to be open to the public? 

Yes, by appointment only, primarily evenings and weekends.  We've already had local customers in, but aren't planning to be officially open for a couple of months yet . . .  interested parties should contact me directly via. PM to be put on a list.