What about the old Sapphires?

Harry P

« on: 14 Jan 2005, 12:36 am »
Will the current Sapphire stay in the line or is the XL replacing it? I'm thinking of people who want the current, larger speaker and the wood, etc. Also, can this new, smaller Sapphire keep up with the current one for output and bass quality?

Rich Carlson

« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2005, 01:37 am »
My old Sapphires have been enjoying the chance to see pictures of their grandkids ...  :)

Mike Dzurko

Re: What about the old Sapphires?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2005, 02:14 pm »
Quote from: Harry P
Will the current Sapphire stay in the line or is the XL replacing it? I'm thinking of people who want the current, larger speaker and the wood, etc. Also, can this new, smaller Sapphire keep up with the current one for output and bass quality?

Harry:

Sorry I missed your questions. We will be discontinuing the 25th Anniversary Sapphire. We're now at 28 years, makes sense  :)  Normally, I'd say we have about 4-5 months inventory of cabinets. However, usually when we close something out it sells much faster. I want to get this message out because I don't want people coming to us in a few months and being disappointed that they can't get that second matching set, etc.

And yes, the Sapphire XL can MORE than keep up with the 25th Anniversary Edition . . .tiny but very talented  :D  Stay tuned, we hope to be posting the initial press release info, and some quotes etc. sometime this weekend.

hectic1

Great Job Mike!
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2005, 03:09 pm »
I have had the opportunity to hear both the 25th anniversay Sapphires and the XL's...

I would completely agree with Mike that the new version of the Sapphires can keep up with the 25th anniversary...I would go as far as saying they will surpass them! :o IMO, the XL have better high's and extend a bit lower from what I heard at CES. I will definitely try to spend some time with these speakers once they are offically released...

By the way, did Mike mention how GREAT the finish is on the XL cabinets...the Piano Black and Porsche Artic Silver that I saw at CES was some of the best quality I have seen! Great job Mike! :cool:

Mike Dzurko

Re: Great Job Mike!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2005, 04:49 pm »
Quote from: hectic1
I have had the opportunity to hear both the 25th anniversay Sapphires and the XL's...

I would completely agree with Mike that the new version of the Sapphires can keep up with the 25th anniversary...I would go as far as saying they will surpass them! :o IMO, the XL have better high's and extend a bit lower from what I heard at CES. I will definitely try to spend some time with these speakers once they are offically released...

By the way, did Mike mention how GREAT the finish is on the XL cabinets...t ...

Bob:

Thanks Bob. I must have missed you at the show. Did you come by on Sunday? Had to fly back. You'll have to get some time with the XLs  :D

hectic1

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2005, 04:58 pm »
Hey Mike...

I actually brought the Piano Black XL's over to you...I was helping out at another booth...;)

I stopped by a couple time to talk with you but you were buzy talking business...

Oh well, I did get to listen to the XL's a little and I really like what you have done with them...Congrats you should sell a boat load of those speakers...

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2005, 08:36 pm »
Quote from: hectic1
Hey Mike...

I actually brought the Piano Black XL's over to you...I was helping out at another booth...;)

I stopped by a couple time to talk with you but you were buzy talking business...

Oh well, I did get to listen to the XL's a little and I really like what you have done with them...Congrats you should sell a boat load of those speakers...

Bob:

NOW I remember. I'd literally just walked in the door when you brought them. Both ears were still plugged from the flight and I was saying hi to everyone at once. Sorry we didn't get more chance to talk . . . next time :)  And, you're right, the XL orders are coming in FAST already, and few people even know about them yet . . .going to be a busy year