Outstanding Demo CD's etc...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Outstanding Demo CD's etc...
« Reply #1200 on: 16 May 2012, 01:53 am »
Got this from another thread...thanks to Chris...

Brother Jack McDuff....."Bringin It Home"...

Really nice, tight and awesome playing for sure.....

Jazz!!!

All the best
Alex

http://www.amazon.com/Bringin-Home-Brother-Jack-Mcduff/dp/B00000I04G/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1337117336&sr=8-9

Nice...it's good stuff Alex. 8)

Check out some of his other releases as well....here... . :thumb:

While we're on the organ....a very good live Cd...by a real master...one you can't go wrong with.... Jimmy Smith - "Root Down"

Amazon Link...

YouTube 1

YouTube 2

YouTube 3

.................. :banana piano:

charmerci

« Reply #1201 on: 3 Jun 2012, 12:51 am »
I know you've heard the song a thousand times but the 2001 remastered Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme is amazing. No, it won't necessarily give you that you-are-there presence like Telarc records but it sounds real nice.

(Though some of the songs don't sound that great. It seems like they used different recorders for many of the songs.)

Saturn94

« Reply #1202 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:07 am »

Saturn94

« Reply #1203 on: 26 Jul 2012, 03:31 pm »

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1204 on: 27 Jul 2012, 01:03 am »
Saturn94,

I actually have that cd from Telarc!!! Its very good.

I am listening to a new artist to me:

Lizzy West....found a cut on a demo cd that I really liked but like most demo cds didnt know who or what the artist or song was.

I asked who this might be in the Salk Demo CD thread....and someone said its Lizzie West...ok.

So on to the the A....andI found two cds:

The first is "Holy Road - Freedom Songs" Enhanced

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Road-Freedom-Lizzie-West/dp/B00008QS95/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

Both were "had" for .01 cents!!!!! and the price of shipping!!!! NICE eh!!

Really nice and refreshing sound...hope you enjoy!

All the best
Alex
 :D

The other is :Lizzie West
http://www.amazon.com/Lizzie-West/dp/B000075A1R/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_3

;

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1205 on: 6 Sep 2012, 12:23 am »
Listening to the remastered Rolling Stones "Hot Rocks".....1964-1971...

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Rocks-1964-1971-Rolling-Stones/dp/B00006EXDM/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1346890914&sr=1-1&keywords=rolling+stones+hot+rocks

This is a classic set of tunes that will get you rocking for sure.....done nicely...

All the best
Alex

:thumb:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1206 on: 7 Sep 2012, 01:41 am »
Hello,

Just got a new cd from the Fourplay group, "Energy".

Very well recorded and well mastered.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Fourplay/dp/B001D94L3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346981962&sr=8-1&keywords=fourplay+energy

Several of the Fourplay tracks are being used on demo cds etc...this disc is a very nice addition.

All the best..

Alex

:thumb:

nemir

« Reply #1207 on: 17 Sep 2012, 08:54 am »
Tommy Emanuel is not from this planet....he defies human ability.

The funniest thing about Tommy....   All his life,  through his entire amazing journey as a guitarist all over the world,  he's had to tell everyone that raves to him about how good he is that back home he's got a brother who's also a guitarist....

They were in a band together. Only needed one guitarist so Tommy played drums.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1209 on: 17 Sep 2012, 11:59 am »
We get to see Tommy Emmanual play this sat evening!!

Front row center!!!

Yahoo!

Alex

chargedmr2

« Reply #1210 on: 17 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm »
Good morning gentlemen,

I just want to say thanks for creating such a great thread.  I've been following it for quite some time, and I've bought at least 40 new albums from all of the good info here!  And they sure do make my SongTowers sing.  I've only recently gotten into music (bit of a late bloomer, I guess), so I don't feel that I can contribute quite yet, but I sure will when I get to that point.

Thanks again!  Oh yeah...six more albums on the way!

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1211 on: 17 Sep 2012, 12:44 pm »
chragedmr2...

Thanks and welcome!!

The thread is full of real 'gems' for sure....depending on your musical tastes.

I have a pretty narrow focused musical palette, but many of the recommendations here have
certainly enriched my listening pleasure...

All the best
Alex

nemir

« Reply #1212 on: 17 Sep 2012, 04:12 pm »
I might be a bit premature with this, as I've not heard it on truly great hifi setup yet,  but I'ma gonna recommend something.

Good albums are ones that have some great songs,  and where the filler tracks are also a reasonable standard.  Great albums are where there truly are no filler tracks.   It seems to me to be very rare to find albums where the songs are all great  but they've been put together in an extremely thoguhtful way,  so that when you take the time to listen to the entire album in one sitting you are taken on an emotional journey.

Elvis Costello has released many albums in many genres over the course of his 35 year career.   Most people,  even his biggest fans, seem to overlook "Mighty Like a Rose" as it doesn't have any killer single.  If you aren't a big fan,  then you probably couldn't name a single song on that album,  let alone hum a single bar from it.

It is,  imvho,  one fo the most overlooked albums of the '90s.   The songs are all great.  It starts out on a vibrant,  up-tempo mood,  but soon starts to drift into melancholy before spiralling down into the deepest darkest emotional pit I've heard in music with the second last track,  before bringing you out the other side, jsut a little.   Leaving you feeling still, and raw,  but perhaps with that hint of optimism that you're through it and things will look up from here on out.

I used to listen to "Broken" as the last track on my hifi demo disc.  I was always left feeling the stillness of the room afterwards.  It is one of the most profound love songs I've heard.

Making use of a celeste, harmonium, clavinet, chamberlain it will stretch your speaker's bottom end ability to play musically,  and some of Elvis' vocals and use of horns will show off the top end, too.

It took me about 3 listens to from start to finish to fully appreciate this record,  but I've been enjoying it ever since.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1213 on: 17 Sep 2012, 04:39 pm »
nemir!

Thanks so much for the recommendation!!

I will have to give this one a listen for sure!!

All the best
Alex

Don_S

« Reply #1214 on: 17 Sep 2012, 04:46 pm »
Good recommendation.  I prefer Slow Train and Call Me

Both seem hard to find now.  Glad I keep all disks after loading my server.

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-From-Southland-Hans-Theessink/dp/B00008RGCO/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1347877932&sr=8-18&keywords=theessink

nemir

« Reply #1215 on: 17 Sep 2012, 08:31 pm »
nemir!

Thanks so much for the recommendation!!

I will have to give this one a listen for sure!!

All the best
Alex

After I found my recommendation I found an Elvis Costello fan site that absolutely pans this album.   So...   I guess we'll just have to see if my taste is closer to yours than Elvis fans'.

rodge827

« Reply #1216 on: 17 Sep 2012, 11:01 pm »
We get to see Tommy Emmanual play this sat evening!!

Front row center!!!

Yahoo!

Alex

So did Tommy blow your mind?

He was at the Surflight in Beach Haven, NJ last night and will be there tonight and tomorrow as well.
We didn't make it this time, but I might go and talk to the Surflight booking agent tomorrow and score a couple of tix.

Chris

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1217 on: 19 Sep 2012, 02:33 pm »
Actually we go to see him this sat evening at 9 pm.....

We saw him earlier this year with my wife....and my son is a guitarist and I thought he would
really appreciate seeing him...

We saw Joe Satriani many years back as well.....what fingers!!

Looking forward to see Tommy again, he surely is in a class all his own....

Just simply amazing!

All the best
Alex

nemir

« Reply #1218 on: 23 Sep 2012, 01:37 am »
Actually we go to see him this sat evening at 9 pm.....

We saw him earlier this year with my wife....and my son is a guitarist and I thought he would
really appreciate seeing him...

We saw Joe Satriani many years back as well.....what fingers!!

Looking forward to see Tommy again, he surely is in a class all his own....

Just simply amazing!

All the best
Alex

I am not a serious metalhead,  but I have a good friend who is, and he takes me along to a lot of metal gigs.  So we went to see G3 a couple of years back.   We'd already seen Steve Vai perform before, and despite not being a metal guy,  I thought that he put on the best show I'd ever seen.   The G3 running sheet always sees the 3rd wheel opening,  then Steve Vai,  and then Joe Satriani comes out.

During the break after Vai and before Satch,  I turned around and said "That was phenomenal.  No-one could follow him!!  What is Satch thinking??"

My mate replied "If anyone can follow that,  It's Satriani"

After the gig I turned to him and said "You were right.  If anyone could follow Steve Vai, it's Joe Satriani.   Sadly for Joe,  I think I was right too."

I've seen a few mentions for Joe Satriani stuff in this thread.    I will put forward Steve Vai's "Alien Love Secrets"

It's one of his best.   And it features a song with quite amazing vocals,   and I always using it during hifi auditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6JYXiXio74

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #1219 on: 23 Sep 2012, 07:10 pm »
I saw Satriani live many years ago, and he is an animal...his Rubina is a classic, grea demo.

Tommy Emmanual I saw again for the second time this year here in North Carolina, I was 10 feet from him at the conceret with my son a guitarist, who adores Satriani...he was amazed.

These guys are at the top of their class....Tommy is a real genuine, humble person with God given talents that make him a joy to watch and listen to.

He was coming off a cold / flu....so his voice was a bit raspy, but he made up for that in his playing, and he played without stopping for over 2 hours...all for  $30 seat.

It was simply amazing.

He did a guitar lesson in the middle of the show...and explained how he does stuff and puts it all together, along with his wit and humor....stories about his hero Chet Atkins and how they met and played in Nashville many years ago...

This experience was a 12 out of a 10....and I hope he comes back again!

All the best
Alex
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2012, 08:11 pm by adydula »