Tim's SoundScape 8's in curly maple with deep rose/red dye - SOLD

Beatlebum

Re: Tim's SoundScape 8's in curly maple with deep rose/red dye
« Reply #20 on: 23 Feb 2015, 05:32 pm »
I'm actually having second thoughts on selling these....

GlennDog

« Reply #21 on: 24 Feb 2015, 01:48 am »
Hi Tim,

Is it possible to post a pic with more accurate color of the finish?

TY

G

btw, I love red (and ginger chicks, too) I'm not sure if you saw the automotive Hellfire SongTowers . . . . fanastic!

DEP14

« Reply #22 on: 24 Feb 2015, 08:55 pm »

As you should... out of curiosity why selling?

Look great, sound fantastic.

Phil A

« Reply #23 on: 24 Feb 2015, 09:09 pm »
As you should... out of curiosity why selling?

Look great, sound fantastic.

+1 - it's a good thing for I'm not in driving distance as the current price is getting dangerously close to not being able to resist.

DEP14

« Reply #24 on: 24 Feb 2015, 09:10 pm »
+1 - it's a good thing for I'm not in driving distance as the current price is getting dangerously close to not being able to resist.

That price is worth a little extra drive if you ask me.

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 24 Feb 2015, 09:19 pm »
That price is worth a little extra drive if you ask me.

Unfortunately it's way more than a little - probably 1,300 miles.  I do always look for used Salks either here or places like Audiogon to see if there is anything within reasonable driving distance.

Beatlebum

« Reply #26 on: 24 Feb 2015, 09:39 pm »
Phil,

I drove 5+ hours each way to pick them up!

1300 miles each way? I had a fellow A-circler drive 12 hours each way to pick up a piece of gear just recently.

Regards,

Tim

Phil A

« Reply #27 on: 24 Feb 2015, 09:49 pm »
5 hours each way is long but  reasonable (300 miles).  If I had a pair of speakers sold (so I had room for another pair) and was looking for something immediately I might go a little further than that. I wouldn't go 12 hours for anything (unless of course while attending the Capital Audiofest next year I bought demos and had to drive back anyway) and the 1,300 miles per the web is almost 18 hours of driving time without stops.  There's a pair of Archos on Audiogon now but they are 650 miles from me and it's local pick-up and I'm not driving that either.

groovybassist

« Reply #28 on: 24 Feb 2015, 11:57 pm »
I'm the guy who drove 12 hours+ each way to buy Tim's Jeff Rowland Continuum S2, which by the way is a fabulous amp.  Yeah, it's crazy, but I've seen too many videos of shipping guys tossing packages to have it shipped.  I probably wouldn't do anything like that ever again, but now I have a good story to show the family and friends how completely insane I am.

For those on the fence, Tim's a really nice guy and a great person to deal with.  Don't let any concerns along that line put you off.

-Mike

Phil A

« Reply #29 on: 25 Feb 2015, 03:55 am »
I'm the guy who drove 12 hours+ each way to buy Tim's Jeff Rowland Continuum S2, which by the way is a fabulous amp.  Yeah, it's crazy, but I've seen too many videos of shipping guys tossing packages to have it shipped.  I probably wouldn't do anything like that ever again, but now I have a good story to show the family and friends how completely insane I am.

For those on the fence, Tim's a really nice guy and a great person to deal with.  Don't let any concerns along that line put you off.

-Mike

I'm sure Tim is great and I've heard the SS8s and they are wonderful.  For the room I was intending to use them, a smaller floorstander would work better.  I perfectly understand about shipping issues.  That's why I remarked it's good that it is so far away (at 18 hours of one way driving time, it's likely a 3-4 day process) as the price is a steal and I can't imagine a speaker that good at $5k.

Beatlebum

« Reply #30 on: 25 Feb 2015, 03:54 pm »
Mike (aka groovybassist),

Thanks for the nice words and the feelings mutual! Also, when it comes to our hobby, I consider myself no less nuts than you or anyone else here. No judgment here!

PhilA,

No worries! Hope you sell and find what you're looking for too!

Phil A

« Reply #31 on: 25 Feb 2015, 04:02 pm »
Mike (aka groovybassist),

Thanks for the nice words and the feelings mutual! Also, when it comes to our hobby, I consider myself no less nuts than you or anyone else here. No judgment here!

PhilA,

No worries! Hope you sell and find what you're looking for too!

Thanks, I'm a little less nuts than I used to be (I guess either slowing down with age or I don't look good in a straight jacket :lol:)  The speakers are georgeous

SCompRacer

« Reply #32 on: 25 Feb 2015, 04:27 pm »

Despite other choices, I'm staying with my SS8's. :D

I drove 12 hours RT to pick up my speakers from Jim. Wife packed a nice snack bag, only thing missing was a good wine. I drove from IL to Ohio to pick up a 150 pound Class A amp from a friend. It didn't pair well with the speakers I had so I sold it. When I got the Salk's, a good friend drove from New York to near Chicago, IL in a snow storm to deliver me another 150 pound amp. Some may look at it as crazy, but hey, great memories.

Just don't let a bad economy force you to sell at a great loss.