CoZ Speaker Cables

tomytoons

CoZ Speaker Cables
« on: 28 Jan 2012, 02:34 am »

I got these cables as a bonus along with a DAC purchase I made with Rob.

They were configured with all separate legs, 4 per side, no twist or braid, unfinished except for the BFA Bananas. I re-stripped them, gave them a pretty tight twist and finished them with solder BFA's, sealed everything with shrink tubing.

I must say these are very nice sounding speaker cables. They are smooth and a bit laid back. They do not call attention to themselves in any area. Nice natural mids and adequate bass. Missing some air and depth separation but I expect them to open up a bit on the top end. I only have maybe 6 hours on them. For my reference I did mark the direction of use. 

For the price of admission, these are very good, recommended!!

Nice find Rob!

HT cOz

Re: CoZ Speaker Cables
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2012, 03:59 pm »
Thank you for the kind words and I am glad you are enjoying the speaker cables.  :thumb:  I look forward to seeing how you like them after they get a few more hours on them. 

The goal of this cable was to create speaker wires that would allow people to have money left over for other areas of their system.  Yet not have these cables hold back their overall system performance for a long time.  Just looking at the here is $5k build a starter HiFi system thread http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=93252.0 gives you an idea of how hard it is for people to get started in this hobby. 

Thanks  8)
Robert

www.cozcables.com

saisunil

Re: CoZ Speaker Cables
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2012, 02:12 am »
Got Robert's cables - found out that the spades were too small for my TRL amp ... Robert was kind enough to oblige and sent me another set with larger spades ...

I also requested him for a double run / shot-gun style - he complied to that crazy request as well ...

How does it sound - well -- it sounds good, very good ...
It sounds neutral but a little on the smooth / musical side instead of the analytical side - which means - it lets me enjoy my system more and let's me fret less about the equipment ...

With $100 cables - it's nothing to brag about - well may be - as performs at reference level ...

It is missing the last bit of air (ya sounds smooth) ... but not rolled off ...

Mid-range is where it all is ... full, transparent and emotional - 10/10

Solid bass - goes deep and has some body to it ...

It is all there ...

Super nice cable at give away price - everyone on AC should try it - if they like it - they can sell their uber expensive cable and pocket the change - if they don't like it as much as their current cable - they have only a few bucks to lose if they sell it back on AC here ...

Highly Recommend!

Thanks Robert