Mapleshade Mikrosmooth, Herbie's Black Hole for Video

wushuliu

I wish there were more discussions about disc cleaners/enhancements for video. Seems like it's easier to judge improvements visually, for me anyway. I have been using Black holes for video for a couple years now to great effect. I bought Mikrosmooth a good while ago but it's kind of a pita to use vs. the Jena Labs Esoteric so I let it gather dust. Tonight I decided to do some comparing and got out a brand new blu ray of Excalibur and compared no treatment vs. MS vs. MS and JL vs. MS and JL w/ Black Hole. The MS adds some sparkle (reflections, light, waves, etc), film grain is more evident. JL is kind of the opposite, colors pop and there is a smoother more film-like presentation. When used together they cancel out somewhat but potentially gives best of both. Black Hole takes things up a notch. It's a must use with the most visible improvement. It augments the other treatments. I confirmed this by using it with Disk 2 of LOTR-FOTR blu ray, washing away the JL treatment and then using the MS. Just outstanding.

For any serious videophile/cineaste these tweaks are worth it, and they are inexpensive.

I also intend to finally have my plasma professionally calibrated by an ISF tech. That should be something!

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/cdmat.htm

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Mikrosmooth-CD-Polishing-Kit/productinfo/MIKRO-SMOOTH/

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Mapleshade Mikrosmooth, Herbie's Black Hole for Video
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2011, 10:38 am »
Whats LOTR_FOTR??? What would you recommend to do-the cleaning disks,professionally done, etc-to clean the dirt off the lens of a PS3 BD drive, A Virtue Piano CD player........mine have got to be dirty but I don't want to screw them up and use something dumb????

Phil A

Re: Mapleshade Mikrosmooth, Herbie's Black Hole for Video
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2011, 11:06 am »
Whats LOTR_FOTR??? What would you recommend to do-the cleaning disks,professionally done, etc-to clean the dirt off the lens of a PS3 BD drive, A Virtue Piano CD player........mine have got to be dirty but I don't want to screw them up and use something dumb????

LOTR - Lord of the Rings