Next GAS Meeting...SUNDAY MARCH 28th

Wayne1

« Reply #40 on: 24 Mar 2004, 02:26 pm »
Hi Guys,

I received confirmation from FedEx the Radiis shoud be delivered there on Saturday.

The tubes and the dampers will ship USPS Priority mail for safety.

Let me know if everything gets there intact. Have fun unpacking the mono-blocks :evil:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #41 on: 24 Mar 2004, 05:40 pm »
Speaking of FOOD. Let me know when the next meeting is and I will send along something most of you have never heard of. Spedies!!

If there is anybody out there that has heard of these, I'm sure you will agree that once you guys have some of these at your next gathering, you will be calling me to order the marinade rather than audio gear.

Spedies are so big here that we have a huge 3-4 day "Spedie Fest/Ballon Rally" once a year.

Below is a quick link to some pics from the last Spedie Fest for those interested.

All I need to do is send you guys some Spedie Marinade and you will have to supply the meat. You can use Beef, Chicken, Veal, Deer or whatever you want. Cut up the meat, marinade it for about a week and throw it on the grill.

Everytime I send some of this to customers, they always call for more!!

http://whwk.com/spediefest.htm

bmed

« Reply #42 on: 24 Mar 2004, 05:50 pm »
Hi Mike,

The Stereovox HDXV is a digital cable that has gotten pretty rave reviews.  

Scott,

I no longer have a DAC.  I purchased the HDXV for use with the Ack!, then with a Nixon DAC.  I unfortunately didn't get what I was looking for and passed on the DAC's in favor of upgrading my vinyl.  Still have the cable though :? .  It was a excellent performer, I liked it better than the DH labs digital.

See you guys Sunday,

Brad

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #43 on: 24 Mar 2004, 05:59 pm »
To bad I don't have any Birdland DACs available as I would have sent one. I do have an Audio Note DAC-ONE but there is not enough time to get it to you before the session. With the ZERO line discontinued, you guys could have held on to it for a while just in case you needed to throw a DAC into the system.

I also have a few Apature Digital cables, Optical and silver coax, that I could have sent as I don't use or sell these any longer. They are all brand new so the Silver cables would have needed burnin anyway.

DeadFish

« Reply #44 on: 24 Mar 2004, 06:51 pm »
Brad,
Bring your cable.  I'll toss my Theta DSPro Basic IIIa in the car.
It's had years of burn in, if anyone wants to listen thru it.  I've always liked it but never had another in my home, so don't know how it compares to any other.
Sounded good with the Rega Planet.

and also Brad, if you wanna 'wagon train' it or snag a ride from THIS side of the river, give a hollar.  I'm 10 miles shy of the river, 2 miles offa I-55/70, so it is on your way if you want.  You can follow or ride with, your pick, once we figure out departure and return times.
Mike is meeting me here to ride together, so if you are interested, do a pm at me.  Scott's home is 50 miles from here.

Bill

pjchappy

« Reply #45 on: 24 Mar 2004, 08:00 pm »
I wish I could make it.  However, I was just up in STL for 1 week. . .Tuesday to Tuesday.  Got to see Australian Pink Floyd @ The Fox on Monday night.  It was a fantastic show!

Hope to meet up w/ you guys soon, though.

p

drummerwill

The Get-together
« Reply #46 on: 24 Mar 2004, 08:04 pm »
Yo Scott
    I'm bringing the " A Train " and should arrive around 2 o'clock!
      Cya
         Willie

Scott F.

« Reply #47 on: 26 Mar 2004, 12:07 pm »
Hiya Guys,

I forgot to mention, if you want to bring any 78's, be my guest. I've got a dedicated 78 TT setup with proper EQing provided by the GSP Jazz Club. If you've not heard a 78 amplified by an SET, it's an interesting experience.

I've got a limited collection of jazz, blues and really early western. I've even got a few Spike Jones discs. Those things are a blast. One of these days I need to track down a Sneezaphone :lol: