Greetings to GAS members

PopsCanFix

Greetings to GAS members
« on: 22 Jul 2022, 04:23 am »
I’m new to the boards and very excited to speak with some local enthusiasts.  In a brief perusal of GAS, I think I recognize a member, VinylDavid.  What up David?  It’s Corey Meyer from Chesterfield.  PopsCanFix is what my kids say when anything around the house breaks, so I hear it constantly.  Anyway, I installed a pair of M&K “Bottom End” passive subs (very old school) earlier today and spent an hour or so integrating them into my room with my Canton M80D2’s and when I was satisfied I wanted to go out and check out another system for reference.  I realized that I’ve surpassed most of my buddies systems and figured I needed some new friends with better systems.  So after checking out a few GAS systems on here, I know I’m in the right place. 
I have multiple systems in my house and am working on a new dedicated listening room / home theater with a new Main system that I won’t have to turn down when the family goes to bed.  My current Living Room system is a Node 2i, into Krell 64x DAC yes, more old school but I love it, Mark Levinson 26 Pre, Essence Sapphire amp, SA1000 sub amp, 2- M&K passives, and Canton M80D2’s.   I have in-ceiling KEF QR’s and DIY custom in ceiling subs throughout the rest of the house and exterior porch ceilings.  I have all this running through a few Adcoms, Carvers, Rotels, etc.  I believe there is about 11-12 amps in that rack.  It’s a monster and it’s not pretty to look at.  I’ll include photos when I get some drywall up and finished around it. 
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to get to know some, or all of you local guys.  I’m
In Chesterfield

Blackmore

Re: Greetings to GAS members
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2022, 11:47 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle and to GAS

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2022, 05:05 pm »
Howdy Corey!

Glad to see you made it over to this little neck of the St. Louis Audio world!

I didn't know you'd gotten the Cantons-those seem like they'd be good fits for the room you have described.

PopsCanFix

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2022, 07:28 pm »
Hey David
Yes, the Cantons have been working out quite well, especially aesthetically with the wife.   At my listening position, MTM was the way to go.  I had the Von Schweikert VR3’s in the living room for awhile and she was not a fan of the socked look.  Therefore, I think it’s time for them to move on down the road.  I have a buddy that may buy them, but if you hear of anyone looking for some room fillers on a budget, these are for sale and do sound good in a big room.  I originally had them in a very small room and they needed room to breathe IMO.   It’s good to hear from you and I hope you’re doing well.  Here’s a brief list of things I’m currently in search of:
MiniDSP 2x4hd
REL subs-2
DAC/Pre w/ remote
Streamer

Mr Peabody

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2022, 09:33 pm »
Hello & welcome from South county

Mr Peabody

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2022, 09:35 pm »
Hello & welcome from South county

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2023, 05:43 pm »
Hi Pops,  My old school is older than your old school!  :) I'm near I-270 and Manchester if you want to hear some tunes on a different system.
Ken

Flycl65 captain

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2023, 01:18 am »
Just joined.   I’m near 270 and Ladue.  Built out my own home theater with extensive DIY acoustic work (absorbers and diffusers).  Current L/C/R are Warfdale Linton 85s, but of course I had to DIY and modify the crossovers… can’t help myself. 

My current intrigue right now is DIY open baffle.  I’ve never heard a set, so if anyone local has a set to demo…

Jim

« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2023, 03:46 am by Flycl65 captain »

Blackmore

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2023, 02:49 pm »
Hi Jim, nice room!!  A couple of us still have some OB but not in daily use. As soon as I can get mine running again I’ll invite you out west for a listen. Thanks for joining AudioCircle.

wedweb

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2024, 04:49 pm »
Was it Scott that had those acrylic open baffles?  I thought those did well acoustically, especially for the live songs he played, and they looked great too.

Bo

Blackmore

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jan 2024, 10:27 pm »
Yes Scott DID have them but they are at my house waiting for me to actually assemble them. Laziness is real during these dreary winter days.