DENAFRIPS DACs

alvin1118

• Industry Participant
Re: DENAFRIPS DACs
« Reply #60 on: 25 Sep 2017, 02:51 am »
I saw a review on Head-Fi saying the price was $3800. Now $4300?

Hi sir,

The price was USD$3980+300 DHL shipping.
In early July, we decided to change our webstore currency to Singapore Dollar (SGD) to fight with the currency fluctuation. The price is finalized @ SGD5860  :wink:

Rgds,
Alvin

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #61 on: 25 Sep 2017, 02:53 am »
If I recall correctly, the price was originally listed in USD. Then, the exchange rate changed to the detriment of the Singapore Dollar and started gouging into Alvin's profits. To protect himself, he now pegs the price on the Singapore Dollar, so the price in USD fluctuates daily. Also, shipping charges weren't included in that $3800 whereas the $4300 does include shipping.

Cross your fingers in hopes the USD gains strength this year. :thumb:

Ah, Alvin answered while I was typing.

gadfly

« Reply #62 on: 26 Sep 2017, 01:48 am »

IMPRESSIVE

But you might regret not waiting for:

:lol:

orientalexpress

« Reply #63 on: 24 Nov 2017, 09:26 pm »
Any update ? :thumb:

mresseguie

« Reply #64 on: 24 Nov 2017, 11:53 pm »
There's a Face Book page for Denafrips owners (and those who dream of owning one) that gets a lot more traffic than this thread. Look for "Denafrips Audiophile Owners". It's a closed group, but many non-owners have joined.

Michael

alvin1118

• Industry Participant
« Reply #65 on: 29 Nov 2017, 05:41 am »
Here you go the facebook group: Denafrips Audiophile Owner

:D

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #66 on: 30 Nov 2017, 05:22 am »
you must log-in to go further… not much use if you don’t want to joing Facebook.

dave

alvin1118

• Industry Participant
« Reply #67 on: 27 Jun 2018, 05:26 am »
Hi guys,

I posted in another forum, but I thought I should share it here as well.

We have had someone in mind for months now but wanted to make sure that person was up to our standard of service. After a couple of repairs were done very well, we are happy to announce the US service center in Atlanta GA, Mike Powell Audio, a 15 year veteran in the Hifi industry with the background in modification and repair as well as design and manufacturing.

Henceforth, for US customers, you do not need to ship the faulty unit back to us. Mike offers 'white glove' courier service. All you need to do is to pack the unit back in its original packaging, tape it, and wait for the courier to pick up from your doorstep.

The turn around time is approx 1-2 weeks. Once fixed, the unit will be returned to you, door to door delivery.

More details here: USServiceCenter

Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Alvin @ Vinshine Audio

carusoracer

« Reply #68 on: 1 Oct 2018, 10:51 am »
Thread revival.

I’m looking for a contact update for Denafrips.  I have tried to reach out to Alvin have not heard anything.

I would like to audition a unit? Any contacts for that here in the United States?

Thanks

zacho

« Reply #69 on: 1 Oct 2018, 11:03 am »
Thread revival.

I’m looking for a contact update for Denafrips.  I have tried to reach out to Alvin have not heard anything.

I would like to audition a unit? Any contacts for that here in the United States?

Thanks

Literally in the post above yours

nc42acc

« Reply #70 on: 1 Oct 2018, 02:27 pm »
I have the Terminator if anyone has any questions on its sound.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #71 on: 1 Oct 2018, 02:35 pm »
I have the Terminator if anyone has any questions on its sound.

How does the tone and timbre compare to other dacs you've owned?

mresseguie

« Reply #72 on: 1 Oct 2018, 03:19 pm »
Alvin is very easy to seek out. As zacho pointed out, Alvin posted directly above your post - PM him. Alternatively, contact him via his website: https://www.vinshineaudio.com/contact-us

Alvin is very approachable. He answers emails promptly and is a nice guy.

nc42acc

« Reply #73 on: 1 Oct 2018, 03:28 pm »
It is the best DAC in my system to date.

How does the tone and timbre compare to other dacs you've owned?

mresseguie

« Reply #74 on: 1 Oct 2018, 04:01 pm »
Marty,

Have you heard any of the SW1X AudioDesign DACs? Do you have an idea how they might compare to the Terminator?

http://sw1xad.co.uk/products/?prod_cat=digital-to-analogue-converters-dacs

Regards,

Michael

nc42acc

« Reply #75 on: 1 Oct 2018, 04:12 pm »
Michael
I have not heard of SW1X until your post. Here is the list of DACs that have been in my system rotation. BDA-2, T&A DAC8, Directstream, Gungnir MB, Holo Spring level 3, MP-D2 MK2. Just received my Yggdrasil last week from Schiit with the analog and USB update so I am excited to hear the changes.

Marty,

Have you heard any of the SW1X AudioDesign DACs? Do you have an idea how they might compare to the Terminator?

http://sw1xad.co.uk/products/?prod_cat=digital-to-analogue-converters-dacs

Regards,

Michael

carusoracer

« Reply #76 on: 1 Oct 2018, 05:38 pm »
Alvin is very easy to seek out. As zacho pointed out, Alvin posted directly above your post - PM him. Alternatively, contact him via his website: https://www.vinshineaudio.com/contact-us

Alvin is very approachable. He answers emails promptly and is a nice guy.

I’ll try him through his website. I sent a pm 2 + weeks ago with no reply.

nc42acc

« Reply #77 on: 1 Oct 2018, 06:01 pm »
That definitely doesn't sound like Alvin. Shoot him an email and he will respond. vinshineaudio@gmail.com

I’ll try him through his website. I sent a pm 2 + weeks ago with no reply.

jbtrio

« Reply #78 on: 1 Oct 2018, 07:05 pm »
Hi Tony,
The Terminator is very dynamic with excellent prat. It is very open and clear with nice tonal balance with very good micro and macro detail and scales beautifully. I would say it errs and the warm and full side of neutral but just a little without being slow.

IMS, I like it better than my Directstream DAC. The DS is softer sounding and more laid back, but also very nice sounding and might be better in a forward and brighter system.

Joe

mresseguie

« Reply #79 on: 1 Oct 2018, 07:27 pm »
Michael
I have not heard of SW1X until your post. Here is the list of DACs that have been in my system rotation. BDA-2, T&A DAC8, Directstream, Gungnir MB, Holo Spring level 3, MP-D2 MK2. Just received my Yggdrasil last week from Schiit with the analog and USB update so I am excited to hear the changes.

Wig turned me onto the SW1X produced DACs. If I recall correctly, he initially bought their DAC II Standard (STD). Now he has moved up the line to the III STD. He's delighted with this line of DACs. I have not heard them myself. However, the Terminator's price falls in between the II and III models. I may try to audition one before too long, or I may try the Terminator. [My wife might kill me if I tried both of them.  :roll:]