Resistance 3-"Doomsday Edition" LOL

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Resistance 3-"Doomsday Edition" LOL
« on: 7 Sep 2011, 01:26 am »
So I have a PS3 and suck at aiming with the controller and my goofy new funky hands so I got this DOOMSDAY edition with the game, the motion controller thing a ma bob, and the sharpshooter rifle, not bad for $149....its due tomorrow...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SXWKW

Ed

eclein

• Volunteer
Re: Resistance 3-"Doomsday Edition" LOL
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2011, 11:44 am »
I guess you guys aim worse than I do.....LOL :thumb:

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2011, 04:21 pm »
 :green:For shooter games,  I prefer mouse in my left hand.

But i always quite liked Resistance and Killzone series .

So how's the accuracy, and feel?  :green: i hope the plastic rifle is not the midget one only suitable for 12yr olds...

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2011, 06:06 pm »
Feels ok, not too small.....aims ok for what they are trying to do, you can calibrate how fast the site moves on screen....the bummer is you have to point the gun in the direction you want to walk and sometimes it a pain in the ass.....if you try one you'll see....I'd highly recommend the pistol with the extra grip up front....like this one I ordered

amblin

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:00 pm »
Feels ok, not too small.....aims ok for what they are trying to do, you can calibrate how fast the site moves on screen....the bummer is you have to point the gun in the direction you want to walk and sometimes it a pain in the ass.....if you try one you'll see....I'd highly recommend the pistol with the extra grip up front....like this one I ordered

Mmm, sound ok to me, just like some of the old school arcade shooter games..  I just ordered the motion control kit, :green: along with many games i missed during the year- Call of Duty: Black Ops,  Resistance 3, Killzone 3 (although i never passed the final level in KZ2...i got pinned and my butt blown up in the final hall by those RPG guys...  :duh: )

btw, so the 'glowing stick' goes to the front of the gun with the trigger connected via some contacts?  Maybe i can confiscate an airsoft gun fom my son and mod it a bit so the thing can handle better and feel abit more realistic...

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:13 pm »
Each controller has a mini USB port and on the sharp shooter I have and now I'm assuming they all have some way to connect via that port so the buttons and triggers work...I really doubt you could mod a gun to work..it needs that USB connection.

Also...be careful and buy the games that are compatible with MOVE...so far these are the only ones I have out of like 30 games.
 Resistance 3 (New)
 Killzone 3-works awesome with this game--my fav
 Little Big Planet 2

There are several games listed on Sony's site and other sites that say they are compatible like "DEAD SPACE 2" which would be fantastic but I can't make it work,see nothing in any manual about it, just the mention on those websites and it does NOT work with them, if you can get it to work with Dead Space please let me know as I would love that. Thats a very cool game by the way, very spooky.....LOL

amblin

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:29 pm »
Each controller has a mini USB port and on the sharp shooter I have and now I'm assuming they all have some way to connect via that port so the buttons and triggers work...I really doubt you could mod a gun to work..it needs that USB connection.

Also...be careful and buy the games that are compatible with MOVE...so far these are the only ones I have out of like 30 games.
 Resistance 3 (New)
 Killzone 3-works awesome with this game--my fav
 Little Big Planet 2

There are several games listed on Sony's site and other sites that say they are compatible like "DEAD SPACE 2" which would be fantastic but I can't make it work,see nothing in any manual about it, just the mention on those websites and it does NOT work with them, if you can get it to work with Dead Space please let me know as I would love that. Thats a very cool game by the way, very spooky.....LOL

:green: Thanks for the tip

Dead space was abit too intensive for my taste. I liked the atmosphere but not the straightforward gore contents, i personally prefer survival horror games like Silent hill, although the new ones were not as good as 1~~4. . ahhh pyramid head!!! :duh:

ratso

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2011, 09:59 pm »
just finishing up this game. R3 is awesome, i have loved the whole series. too bad it doesn't get more attention, i fear it will be the last one.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm »
My youngest is coming up here from Philadelphia area tomorrow for a night of PS3 gore,RAGE,Resistance,DuesEx,Killzone2&3,and Crysis'1&2 so I'll get into Res3 tomorrow night I was told today he wants to play THE game...as in the whole game this weekend....so...I'll be charging controllers and eating Skittles for the next couple days!!!! Its always a BLAST!!! :thumb: :thumb: :dance: :wtf: