Introduction and show me your amp stands

Kurt

Introduction and show me your amp stands
« on: 20 Nov 2007, 02:31 am »
Hello from Seattle and have already benefited from reading the forum so thanks everyone.

Here is the help I need to get it out of the way before a little about my system and myself:

What have you found in the way of amp stands for these that are only as wide the Reference series monos? I am thinking I will just get some isolation feet and make my own but wondering what other members have done. You see my main speaker's base is just about 9" wide like the Ref 9 SE's I have coming this weekend and it would be nice if there was something out there that would line up behind them instead of the typical 18 inch wide stands/platforms?

I am somewhat new to high-end but enough to drive the non-music lovers to shake their heads I suppose. I have a been building up a system for a while decide to make a jump to NuForce. My goals are to have both truly engaging 2 - channel and then the best 5 HT I can get with what I have left over. It kind turns out that I some kind kind of pain threshold in the $2k to $3k because it seems most of my upgraded component additions fall in that range.

The room is very challenging at 12' x 30' in the great room kind of concept with the kitchen on one end and den/music/theater in the other. Door on one side of long wall and windows on the other long wall. So on the short wall where I have my equipment is a pesky gas fireplace which my girlfriend won't let me wall over and a room width mantle that sticks out about 8 inches and a TV nook above the fireplace. I mounted a 55" Hitachi Plasma across the nook so it has about 7" below for the center speaker to project out. I can still use th nook because the TV is on one of the cantilever mounts that is anchored on a cross beam I built so the TV can swing forward for access to the rest of the nook which has power etc.. Since the fireplace is in the middle though source components have to sit to one side. Here is the rest of the stuff I should have setup after next weekend.

NuForce 9.02 SE >> Nordost (comming this weekend) Red Dawn XLR >> Red Dawn 2M Bi-wire >> Von Schweikert VR4jr
NuForce Ref 9.02 >> Nordost Red Dawn XLR >> Red Dawn 2M >> Von Schwekert LCR-15 center (coming this weekend!)
NuForce Ref 8.5 (shopping for used) >> in wall cable >> some kind of 2 way in-ceiling jobs that were in the house

pre/pro = Nuforce AVP16
Slim Devices Transporter as main music source and also an excellent DAC

an old Panasonic DMR-50 DVD recorder for movies >>> still sitting on fence about HD (might just get a PS3 for movies and better CD transport)
a cheap Samsung HD841 DVD operating for now as a CD transport
Motorola HD DVR in TV nook

Sim Audio Moon I-5 goes to bedroom and HK AVR520 receiver to girlfriend or garage

« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2007, 07:57 am by Kurt »