What to do with 1 small Bybee

BobM

What to do with 1 small Bybee
« on: 25 Oct 2004, 01:33 pm »
I'm getting rid of my DAC for a one box universal player. I have a small Bybee on the digital input of the DAC and would like to reuse it. What's my best option?

(A) Use it in the power supply section of the one box? I already have the Auricap tweak inside. Is this too small for direct AC current? Where exactly do I hook it up in this case (+ to - of the transformer or somewhere else)? Is it overkill here?

(B) Use it somewhere on the digital circuitry inside the one box unit? I would really need to know where the best spot would be.

(C) Get a second small Bybee and put them on the speaker tweeters? But that means more $ outlay and I would rather avoid it if there is another better alternative.

(D) Other options?

Thanks,
Bob

modwright

One Small Bybee
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2004, 03:49 pm »
Well, first of all, the Bybee filters are always mean to be installed in series, NOT in parallel...i.e. NOT from H to N or (+) to (-) of AC mains.  This would throw a breaker :).

Ideally, I recommend installing a pair of Bybee filters at the AC mains, but with only one, there will still be benefit to installing it in the H or (+) AC input to the player.  The small units are rated for 4A, so it should be no problem for a player that likely has a 1A fuse.

I hope this helps.  If you choose to purchase another small bybee filter, I can supply you with one for $95.

Thanks,

Dan