Selah kits

dcktr

Selah kits
« on: 6 Feb 2011, 09:31 pm »
I am strongly considering entering into the world of Selah. The lurking around AudioCircle has me intrigued. I am in Reno,Nevada, but am traveling to LA in May. Anybody out there willing to invite me to a listening session?
Other than the obvious need for wood working skills, is there a need for more "technical skills" to assemble a kit? I do have some basic soldering skills, mainly used to make cables and change a resistor or two.
Ron

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Re: Selah kits
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2011, 02:46 pm »
Ron:

You do not have to solder at all with the Selah kits as Rick builds your crossovers.  You do need some basic skills with a router, table(or even circlular) saw, wood clamps, etc.  As for finishing the MDF, you can paint, veneer, leave them unfinished(no WAF :wink:).  I would absolutely invite you to hear my Selah TRT's but I live in NE Ohio.  Below is a link to my build.  My speakers, while revealing, have a very non-fatiguing sound quality, which allows for higher volume(when appropriate  :thumb:) but more importantly longer listening sessions.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71964.0

Randy

dcktr

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2011, 03:54 pm »
Wow,
Great job, if they sound as good as they look, they must be awesome.
Ron
I may ask for a little advice when I get going!

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2011, 06:24 pm »
Sorry for my late reply. Let me know what you're interested in and I'll contact an owner in the area. The crossovers come assembled and I offer unlimited support during the building process.

jupejones

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2011, 07:49 pm »
Just to throw in my $.02, Rick is really really helpful with the kits, and he goes above and beyond to get you exactly what you want. Way more than just selling you a bunch of parts and leaving you to figure it out!