Hapa Aero

jmolsberg

Hapa Aero
« on: 3 Jan 2022, 10:34 pm »
I've had the Aero just shy of three months. Like most cables, it benefits from not being handled and time. Without question the build quality is just first rate. It is rather flexible, which is a bonus in my book. The Aero is a stunner in my stereo! HAL MS-6 running Audirvana / Qobuz to an Audio Mirror Tubadour SE dac. In my system, the Aero is not warm or lean, just perfectly neutral. The music presents itself as fast, dynamic, and engaging. The soundstage is wide and tall and deep. The tone of the instruments are spot on  -  and there is a realism to the recording, good or bad.

The Hapa tours are such great way to familiarize yourself with Jason’s products. Big thanks for all the work getting these cables to market and giving us a listen!

Pez

Re: Hapa Aero
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2022, 11:02 pm »
JM!
Rock on my friend. I’m really glad to hear Aero has elevated your system and continues to make things more enjoyable for you.

Depending on how much interest there still is we might do an encore tour of sorts!  :popcorn:

Sebastien_Chiu

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2022, 07:15 pm »
I've had the Aero just shy of three months. Like most cables, it benefits from not being handled and time. Without question the build quality is just first rate. It is rather flexible, which is a bonus in my book. The Aero is a stunner in my stereo! HAL MS-6 running Audirvana / Qobuz to an Audio Mirror Tubadour SE dac. In my system, the Aero is not warm or lean, just perfectly neutral. The music presents itself as fast, dynamic, and engaging. The soundstage is wide and tall and deep. The tone of the instruments are spot on  -  and there is a realism to the recording, good or bad.

The Hapa tours are such great way to familiarize yourself with Jason’s products. Big thanks for all the work getting these cables to market and giving us a listen!

Thanks sir! Glad it could grace your set-up, and that you loved it!

EkW

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2022, 07:23 pm »
If not for the Hapa tour I would have more money in my bank account. I had the opportunity to try thr Aero Cu coax, bnc, and USB and Ember Usb. I could use only the coax cable in my system.
Equipment is PS Audio memory player transport, DSpeaker X4 DAC/pre, PS Audio M1200 amps, HHR Exotics TLS-1 speakers. I have been using a Morrow Audio Dig-4 cable, which replaced a PS Audio cable. For funsies I threw in a generic cheap cable. Short version is that sound quality improved from generic to PSA to Morrow to Hapa. I started with REM’s Pilgrimage from their Murmur album. I focused  on a particular sound. With the generic cable I heard a repeated hf sound that seemed like a wierd artifact at first. As the cables improved the ting resolved into a xylophone.  After that test I went on vacation for a week. Upon returning home I put on Bruce Cockburn’s Dancing in the Dragon’s  Jaw. It has lots of steel string acoustic guitar and sounds great. Instead of trying to describe the sound I will say that it was simply easier to listen to the music through the Hapa Aero cable. I decided to listen to other music through the Hapa rather than continue comparisons for the evening. Pink Floyd’s Meddle sounded great.
The next day I tried Squeeze’s East Side Story. With this album the cableremoved a high frequency hash of which I hadn’t been aware. The sound again became more relaxing and involving. I decided not to use any of the other cables again. Staying analog until the new cable arrives.
After packing the cables and sending them on to the next victim I ordered a cable. Most I’ve ever spent on a cable.
So far, in my experience, the biggest differences that I have heard between cables have been digital interconnects. I have returned expensive speaker cables that did nothing. I use modestly priced interconnects because I haven’t heard big enough differences to justify the extra cost, until I tried the Hapa Aero Cu coax. The imrovement was substantial enough to justify the expense. Maybe other cables at or above its price would offer similar improvement but I don’t plan on trying to find out.
Quick visual review:

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2022, 08:19 pm »
Eric,
Thank you so much for you awesome review! Yes indeed, Aero Cu Coax is incredibly high performance and the least expensive way to get a Hapa Audio Aerogel cable. Aero Cu Coax uses the same exact UPOCC hand polished data core as the new Aero Cu USB and the same level of shielding insanity, carbon fiber, 4+ foils shield layers, silver plated copper braided shield layer and a Mylar layer. All of this adds up to the startling effect of being both more relaxed AND more detailed at the same time. Two stops down and this tour has been hawt!  :icon_twisted: