Introducing the new AerØ Cu USB, AerØ Cu Coax and BNC

Pez

It was around this time last year when I released Aero copper USB. The worlds first cable to utilize aerogel as a dielectric. For me, Aero represented a culmination of many years worth of work in research, development and patent work (granted!). To this day, Aero Cu USB is Hapa Audio’s best selling product. When you read the reviews here on AC, it’s no coincidence. Having the worlds lightest solid and most effective dielectric/dampening material has an astounding effect on the sonic performance that is possible. And many ACers have discovered this for themselves.

Until now, Aero Cu USB was the only cable on the market with an aerogel dielectric. That ends today! I am happy to announce that Hapa Audio is ready to release SEVERAL new products that use my patented Aerogel dielectric technology. The opening gambit for this release is finally ready… I’m very excited to announce:

The new Aero USB Cu:

A new lustrous copper clad look has been incorporated, but that’s just what’s on the surface. Under the hood there’s a key update to the data core.

The new Aero Cu USB incorporates a refinement to the polish of the copper data core see article on the process here.

Aero Cu Coax / BNC

Based on the same design philosophy as Aero Cu USB, the new coax and BNC versions of Aero are built around the same Aerogel dielectric and highly polished UPOCC copper as Aero Cu USB. The result is a single ended digital option that is every bit as impressive sonically as Aero Cu USB. There will be both KLE based RCA connectors and AECO based BNC connectors and yes, you have the option to mix and match or customize. I’ve built a custom option using 3.5 mm headphone style connector for a client already.

I’ve said a mouthful here, and at the end of the day, none of it matters if these new options and tech don’t perform well in your system. With that said, I am doing a tour of these new products so you can get a first hand chance to audition for yourself. When will the tour start? It’s already started! I have sent the tour set off to an AC member who is chomping at the bit already! He has agreed to burn in the cables and pass them on down the line to the next member, which could be you! Please fill out this form to join in the fun!

There will be more info coming up this week. Thank you all for your interest.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Introducing the new AerØ Cu USB, AerØ Cu Coax and BNC
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2022, 10:09 pm »
My advice, is do NOT demo these cables.  Because once you hear them in your system, you WILL buy them.  Ask me how I know that!  :thumb:

Seriously though, these are pretty damn incredible.  I have had some pretty good cables in my systems before but nothing even comes close to Aerø. 

SFDude

« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2022, 10:17 pm »
I needed a reference cable to compare with the JCat USB one I currently use so it will be an interesting experience to see how the new Aero USB Cu compares. Not an apples to oranges comparison but looking forward to putting down my listening thoughts and sharing.

-dave

dflee

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2022, 11:32 pm »
OH MAN! I am sooooo screwed.
The USB is a MUST have and the coax is proving to be the same.
I will be fasting for a while now to try and come up with the dough.
More later (if I survive).

Don

radarnyc

« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2022, 12:26 am »
Congrats Jason! I have a Holo May KTE with a nothing-special cable to a microRendu so I’m looking to the trial!

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2022, 12:53 am »
Congrats Jason! I have a Holo May KTE with a nothing-special cable to a microRendu so I’m looking to the trial!

That’s a popular DAC! In fact a ton of my buddies own it. Check out mgalushas review of Aero here he has a Holo of his own: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177847.0

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 8 Aug 2022, 01:39 am »
OH MAN! I am sooooo screwed.
The USB is a MUST have and the coax is proving to be the same.
I will be fasting for a while now to try and come up with the dough.
More later (if I survive).

Don

Yes indeed. Don is the first up on the tour. Thanks for volunteering! Sounds like a great start. :)

Early B.

« Reply #7 on: 8 Aug 2022, 01:49 am »
I’ve built a custom option using 3.5 mm headphone style connector for a client already.

That was me. I use the aero BNC to 3.5 mm cable between my digital audio player (DAP) and DAC. It replaced a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable. After only a few hours of break-in, this is what I reported: 

My system sounded better than I have ever heard it. That's what I was hoping for -- I can officially say that the DAP sounds better than my former CD transport/master clock combo. Particularly noteworthy was the microdetail, much of which I had never heard before. Freakin' amazin'.

Pez

« Reply #8 on: 8 Aug 2022, 01:57 am »
Brad,
I’m really glad to hear it. One of the things that is surprisingly difficult with coax is to make sure it works with all file formats. It might be fine on one piece of equipment then have minor issues with another. Aero coax is a case study in shielding for sure. It requires a lot! It has 6 layers of foil shield then a silver plated copper shield followed by braided Mylar. This combo made all the difference and it works flawlessly with everything I’ve thrown at it.

If you can, can you show a photo of the cable? I forgot to take a photo before sending it off. It’s actually a pretty cool look with my custom titanium barrel on it!

Early B.

« Reply #9 on: 8 Aug 2022, 04:19 am »
If you can, can you show a photo of the cable? I forgot to take a photo before sending it off. It’s actually a pretty cool look with my custom titanium barrel on it!

Pics of BNC to 3.5mm...

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #10 on: 8 Aug 2022, 05:08 am »
I am not ok with someone dangling the proverbial carrot in front of my face. Why would you temp people with such things? And Tyson playing devil's advocate saying to not test them only acts as the voice of bad influence urging me to absolutely try them. :lol:

Ok, twist my arm. I'm in. Time to see what the fuss is all about for a USB. :popcorn:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #11 on: 8 Aug 2022, 05:17 am »
Pics of BNC to 3.5mm...

I didn't know this was possible....hmm....hmm... :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #12 on: 8 Aug 2022, 05:04 pm »
EarlyB,
Thank you! I really enjoyed that build. I hadn’t seen a digital coax using 3.5mm TRS before. It’s actually a really great idea for portables. It’s great that the setup is outperforming your previous gear as well. That Titanium barrel is a Hapa Exclusive. Handmade and precision engineered by a metalworker in Ukraine that I deal directly with. He is brilliant at what he does. Unfortunately due to the war, production has been spotty at best. I’m hoping for the best for him and his family as well as all of Ukraine.

SFDude

« Reply #13 on: 8 Aug 2022, 09:43 pm »
Pez, if you do custom build orders, are you able to get different color sheathing/sleeves for the cables themselves?

Also, what is the external "wire" that runs outside the sheathing?

Pez

« Reply #14 on: 8 Aug 2022, 10:13 pm »
SFdude,
I can customize options sure. It might add a bit to the price if it’s a color I don’t already have, but it’s no problem for me to do this sort of thing.

The wire braid on the outside of Aero is the 5 volt and common. I do it this way so that the only thing inside the data core are the two UPOCC wires surrounded by the shielding layers. This segregates the 5 volt from inducing noise into the dual differential data core.

Early B.

« Reply #15 on: 9 Aug 2022, 12:27 am »
At what point do you plan to offer aero interconnects for sale? 

Pez

« Reply #16 on: 9 Aug 2022, 12:38 am »
I just might have something in store for you....  :wink:

stay tuned! (I say that a lot!)

sonicxtc

« Reply #17 on: 9 Aug 2022, 01:37 am »
A lot of DACs only require the 5 volt for a handshake to the computer or server. Is there a simple way for you to create a 5 volt that is "detachable" after the handshake? Do you believe there is a sonic benefit as I've read elsewhere?

Also, I'm seeing more DACs using I2s. My Rockna Wavelight has usb and I2s, but supposedly the I2s is the preferred choice for best sound quality.

Thanks and I look forward to reading and hearing more about this new product.

Pez

« Reply #18 on: 9 Aug 2022, 04:01 am »
A lot of DACs only require the 5 volt for a handshake to the computer or server. Is there a simple way for you to create a 5 volt that is "detachable" after the handshake? Do you believe there is a sonic benefit as I've read elsewhere?

Also, I'm seeing more DACs using I2s. My Rockna Wavelight has usb and I2s, but supposedly the I2s is the preferred choice for best sound quality.

Thanks and I look forward to reading and hearing more about this new product.

No need to. As stated, the 5 volt leg is entirely isolated from the signal section of the cable. Via my research, this is the best way to keep compatibility at 100% without any loss in sound quality. Pun intended, I have done the leg work.   :P

cd45123

« Reply #19 on: 9 Aug 2022, 12:42 pm »
I just might have something in store for you....  :wink:

stay tuned! (I say that a lot!)

Great to hear this is in the works.

Jason, do you offer the Perfect Harmony plugs, too? Saw these started showing up a year ago.