Ember USB Tour

Pez

Ember USB Tour
« on: 24 Jul 2021, 11:00 pm »

Hi folks,
Tour time!

:dance: :hyper: :dance: :hyper: :dance: :hyper:

Click the form to sign up! Tour Form tour is filled x 2!

I will decide if we will do one leg or two based on the responses I get. I already have 3 review pieces that have gone out to forum members so keep an eye open for their posts prior to the tour. This piece is epic so don't miss out!

iFi iSilencer+ and iPurifier3 pieces that will be along for the ride!

I'm excited to announce various iFi iSilencer+ and iPurifer3 pieces will be tagging along for the journey and will be offered as upgrade options to get the most out of your setup. I am so impressed with these pieces that I wanted you all to hear what the combo can do with Ember USB.

If you want to read more on Ember USB check out the intro thread: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177378.0

Ember will be live on the website next week for further details. Let me know via PM if you are interested in ordering one before then. It's LIVE

Audiocircle folks- for this tour please enter coupon code: dispenseroftruth for $50 off of purchase for any length!  :o
« Last Edit: 8 Aug 2021, 02:20 pm by Pez »

charmerci

Re: Ember USB Tour
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2021, 03:07 pm »
Great!  :thumb: :popcorn:

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2021, 08:29 pm »
The first tour is filled up!

I have the potential to launch a second tour if folks are interested sign up today if you are.  :thumb:

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2021, 11:45 pm »
I’d love to give this a try. One of the cables I’ve not upgraded and a chance to try the iFi product too. What’s do I have to lose unless I love them?!

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2021, 12:38 am »
Alrighty! We went over by one person. 6 total  :thumb:

I’m going to leave the form open. Anymore beyond that I’ll do a second tour for. It’ll be a week or so behind the first tour because I’ll need to get the iFi stuff in my hands. That said the first tour kit will go out Monday Tuesday (sorry, I had to push it back a day!)  8)
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2021, 01:49 am by Pez »

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2021, 03:22 am »
Alright folks we have 8 people! I’m going to cap the tour at 10. Last call!!!

iFi David

• iFi audio NEO Stream is here!
    • iFi audio
« Reply #6 on: 2 Aug 2021, 04:00 pm »
Great stuff Pez, much appreciated and we look forward to users' findings!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Pez

« Reply #7 on: 2 Aug 2021, 10:25 pm »
David!
Teaming up with iFi for this tour has already been a blast! I’m really excited for folks on the tour to hear what the combo is capable of.  8)

dburna

« Reply #8 on: 3 Aug 2021, 02:46 am »
I'll sign on if there's a space left.

Regards, -dGB

Delta77

« Reply #9 on: 3 Aug 2021, 05:15 am »
If a second tour becomes available, I would like to give the Ember a try..

Pez

« Reply #10 on: 3 Aug 2021, 06:27 pm »
Gents,
The second tour is on! Go ahead and sign up. There are literally one the last two spots. You’ve got em!

hi5harry

« Reply #11 on: 3 Aug 2021, 09:20 pm »
No feedback from the tour yet? I bought one and am blown away how great it's sounding in my system. I truly didn't think a usb cable could make that much difference!

MttBsh

« Reply #12 on: 4 Aug 2021, 01:34 am »
I have a kind of silly question. In my current setup the only USB cable I use is between an external hard drive loaded with music and the digital player that hard drive feeds. I know that the quality of the USB cable between one component and another (like between a digital player and a DAC) can make a big difference but could the quality of the USB cable to attached storage make a difference? That never occurred to me, maybe I'm grasping at straws for a reason to try the Hapa USB cable because their interconnects have made such a nice difference in my system!

Pez

« Reply #13 on: 4 Aug 2021, 04:03 am »
You know, I haven’t tried that with the Ember or any of my cables. I don’t want to speculate but I genuinely have no way of hooking it up as all my hard drives use that wonky usb mini long plug and I have no adaptor for it. I’d be willing to give it a try if I can find one that doesn’t suck. The other issue is the fact I’m using a usb hub to plug all my hard drives into the server. I suppose I could just plug one in and give it a go. I’ll give it some thought and get back with you.

If anyone else has messed around with other brands for this purpose I’d be curious to hear your opinions.

Pez

« Reply #14 on: 4 Aug 2021, 04:04 am »
No feedback from the tour yet? I bought one and am blown away how great it's sounding in my system. I truly didn't think a usb cable could make that much difference!

The tour has launched for the first leg. Right now the first member of the tour is graciously breaking in the gear prior to evaluating it. Stay tuned! There will be more to come.

Pez

« Reply #15 on: 4 Aug 2021, 09:27 pm »
Tour folks,
I just sent out the email finalizing the order of the tour. If you signed up and somehow did not receive the email please send me a personal message here on Audiocircle so I can remedy the problem!

Thanks to KrustyKat for volunteering to break in the east coast side!

If you haven't seen it already, check out WGH's review on Ember here: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177555.0
 :dance: :dance: :dance:

Pez

« Reply #16 on: 6 Aug 2021, 10:29 pm »
Reviews are starting to come in for Ember USB and they're looking so so sweet! To show my appreciation for this community and to kick things off for the tour I want you to know I will be doing $50 off any length of Ember USB! :dance: :dance: :dance:

For this tour please enter coupon code: dispenseroftruth for $50 off of purchase for any length!  :o

Thanks for being amazing ACers. I can feel the love!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #17 on: 6 Aug 2021, 11:01 pm »
That's great!
If you can get away with using the Pez thing without meeting someone's lawyers I'd run with it.

I'm putting together another system (eventually) so I'm sure I'll need some cables.

charmerci

« Reply #18 on: 7 Aug 2021, 07:42 pm »
Not a review but an update.

So Jason sent me the stuff last week to break-in. At first, I thought it sounded better without the iPurifer3 hooked up. After contacting me, Jason said that the Purifier wasn't broken in and after about 40 hours, it does sound better with the iPur hooked up - less harshness in the high end at loud volumes, the main issue in my system. After last night - hitting the 100 hour mark, it does sound smoother, more enjoyable. I have not made any comparisons with any other components yet. I'm at a point where it does seem to change its sound signature most nights. I'm running the digital out to the DAC/pre-amp 15 hours a day.

Pez

« Reply #19 on: 8 Aug 2021, 02:09 pm »
Charlie,
Thanks for the update! Yes indeed, the iPurifier especially can sound rather etched and sometimes downright nasty during break in. Once they breech that 100 hour mark they smooth out. Ember on the other hand sounds miraculously excellent right out of the box and only gets better. The combination of Ember and the iFi ANC devices definitely elevated the setup as a whole!

Looking forward to your impressions.  :thumb: