Review Soundscape 10

Big Red Machine

Re: Review Soundscape 10
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2012, 05:06 pm »
The bass can most certainly be attributed to the room's affect below the Schroeder Frequency; who knows how treated it was? 

We were in his room and it is treated somewhat.  It was not the priority for our eyes at the time with close to $150k worth of gear lying around in there.  hoohaw!

Guess I should go read this thing now.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2012, 05:23 pm »
Half way through.  Had to take a break.  I felt honored to be mentioned in the review along with Marty, Sam, and Dennis:

"Audiophile associates and friends were invited over for a listening session to determine the best sound"

:)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2012, 05:47 pm »
It was a good read to me.  I found no sticking negatives to dissuade me from exploring this model further (if I were a newby to Salk or fence-sitter).

I did find it interesting he does the doubling of the SC's.  That is why I use what I use.  It is overkill but seems to work well.

Nuance

« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2012, 08:18 pm »
It was a good read to me.  I found no sticking negatives to dissuade me from exploring this model further (if I were a newby to Salk or fence-sitter).

I did find it interesting he does the doubling of the SC's.  That is why I use what I use.  It is overkill but seems to work well.

Can you further explain exactly what he was doing?  I think I get the gist of it, but how do you do it in such a manner that it 100% ensures you won't wreck your amplifier?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #24 on: 2 May 2012, 08:40 pm »
Can you further explain exactly what he was doing?  I think I get the gist of it, but how do you do it in such a manner that it 100% ensures you won't wreck your amplifier?

Why would you wreck your amp unless you cross the pos with neg?  My SC's are on the order of 3 ga.  Most folks don't even want to go there.  He's just doubling up to lower the gauge, kinda like a mega-bi-wire.

Austin08

« Reply #25 on: 2 May 2012, 11:24 pm »
I was planning this when I ordered HT2TLs thanks to you mentioning it a while back.  My order is now for SS8s, but I don't think there is room enough on the back between the binding posts and the open back for the mid-range for the full grills to fit.  Maybe, but by eye it doesn't look like it.

.....Peter

There are plenty of room on the back. The biding post ic located close to the speaker bottom.

Nuance

« Reply #26 on: 3 May 2012, 01:52 pm »
Why would you wreck your amp unless you cross the pos with neg?  My SC's are on the order of 3 ga.  Most folks don't even want to go there.  He's just doubling up to lower the gauge, kinda like a mega-bi-wire.
I don't know, you tell me (you pretty much already did). :)  I am just looking for a better explanation of exactly what you did.  Shoot me an e-mail or a PM or something about it if you don't mind; I'm curious.