Spatial Audio X5 - $5499 at The Music Room

WGH

Spatial Audio X5 - $5499 at The Music Room
« on: 26 Aug 2022, 10:22 pm »
TMR Audio (The Music Room) has a used pair of Spatial Audio X5's for sale. $5499

https://tmraudio.com/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/spatial-audio-x5-floorstanding-speakers-ultralam-wood-pair/

TMR is a A+++ reseller, super fast shipping in bullet proof packing.

Not affiliated with the seller

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: Spatial Audio X5 - $5499 at The Music Room
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2022, 12:30 am »
looks like a good deal on some nice spatials!

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2022, 12:45 am »
Watch the short video to see how TMR packs everything they sell using the Instapak 900 Foam-in-Place machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREZCc9LwFY

radarnyc

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2022, 02:29 pm »
I'm not affiliated with Spatial Audio but I do feel like it's poor form to post used speakers for sale on Clayton's circle. Agreed on the price; it's a steal.

RonN5

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2022, 05:08 pm »
Based on the condition and probably having the old crossover…is this really a great deal?

James Edward

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2022, 09:46 pm »
I'm not affiliated with Spatial Audio but I do feel like it's poor form to post used speakers for sale on Clayton's circle. Agreed on the price; it's a steal.
I think it’s ok- there are probably lurkers here that can’t afford the MSRP, might buy used, and then post about how much they like their Spatials. I did a similar thread about an upgrade from Spatial; I got a similar response. I kept the Spatials, have not regretted it at all- still posting here.
I suppose if you’re sponsoring a forum, you’ve got to roll with what comes along. Fanboy praise alone doesn’t sustain dialogue.

Bryguy91

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2022, 09:57 pm »
Good price!

GeorgeAb

« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2022, 05:46 am »
I just made a purchase from The Music Room. Good experience with TMR. Just received my PS Audio DirectStream DAC yesterday. Made a reasonable offer which was accepted. PS Audio packaging is well engineered and double boxed, but TMR put an additional box with proper dunnage, so triple boxed.

Not sure about the "poor form" to point to a used listing of a Spatial Audio product on AC. I understand and respect the comment, but I see it as a positive for the brand. For all we know they are being sold so owner can get a new pair of X4's and it supports enthusiam for the brand.

RDavidson

« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2022, 06:46 am »
Not sure about the "poor form" to point to a used listing of a Spatial Audio product on AC. I understand and respect the comment, but I see it as a positive for the brand. For all we know they are being sold so owner can get a new pair of X4's and it supports enthusiam for the brand.

TMR is absolutely reputable. I think the owner has a hard time finding and retaining knowledgeable employees especially over the last 2 years. This problem isn’t unique these days and doesn’t take away from TMR. But sometimes their listed pricing on some items can be a little off. Just call and talk to them. They’re really great to work with.

I agree with the above statement. A listing for one pair of used speakers at a great price is not going to somehow negatively affect Spatial’s business. This is akin to thinking that used vehicle sales hurt the sales of new vehicles. It’s simply not the case at all. There are 2 types of buyers : Those who want to buy new stuff. Meanwhile there are others who would rather buy used at a lower price. Either way, new or used, the manufacturer’s products are in circulation and being used and hopefully enjoyed. It’s a win-win. 

2bigears

« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2022, 07:25 pm »
Yes indeed, this dealer is top notch. Good shipping prices too.  The old x-over ?  Is that a bad thing ?  :D

RonN5

« Reply #10 on: 28 Aug 2022, 08:31 pm »
Probably this is just my OCD but when I see the speakers looking even just a little beat up, it makes me wonder what kind of care was taken driving them by the previous owner.  It more or less looks like with the scrape on the back near the AMT, it must have fallen over...then again, maybe they are totally ok....maybe at the price, most people wouldn't care...but for me, if I'm going to buy preowned, which I do frequently, it has to been in excellent condition.

In any case, this is not me judging the Music Room...the speakers obviously play, the price probably takes into account the condition and they get a much better price for shipping than the average person...so, someone is probably going to end up happy.

xrqp

« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2022, 08:47 am »
The link says "This product is no longer available."  Can the title be changed to reflect that?