Jordan Bass Reflex?

greg7

Jordan Bass Reflex?
« on: 27 Feb 2008, 08:26 pm »
I've been wanting to explore these for a while now. I'm considering building a pair of Jordan 8 liter reflex speakers. These are a bass reflex minimonitor based on the EJ Jordan JX92 driver. The design is posted on the Jordan website.

Has anyone heard a Jordan BR or TL design like the Konus Essence, Carolina TL, the Arousal A1, etc.? I'm looking for opinions on the upside, downside, etc.

My biggest concerns are funky high frequencies (beaming, etc.) and them being "too revealing" of bad recordings. Also, would the 8 liter design need baffle step compensation to keep from sounding too lean or would I be OK without it?

I've been planning on using baffle step with mine, probably, unless proven otherwise.

doorman

Re: Jordan Bass Reflex?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2008, 11:34 pm »
Can't comment on the proposed speaker project, but every BSC I've heard tended to "kill" that midrange magic.
                                         Probably not even $.02 worth!
                                                                            Don

Jim Griffin

Re: Jordan Bass Reflex?
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2008, 04:09 pm »
Greg, 

You might consider my "Jordan with a Ribbon" design which combines the JX92S with the Aurum Cantus G2si.  That project is documented at:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/0cd36443-0972-477d-9e54-1267c790b359/JX92SG2siDesignPak

Several threads on the DIYAudio.com speaker forums talk about Jordan designs.  I really like the Jordan with a Ribbon MLTL.

Baffle step comp is needed with most JX92S implementations as it adds to a more balanced frequency response. 

Good luck with your design.  Let me hear if you need help.

Jim