Need Help SongTowers Tweeter not working

audiocrazy

Need Help SongTowers Tweeter not working
« on: 19 Mar 2009, 04:12 am »
Hello,
I received my ST SWT yesterday and I was hoping to write a review of ST QWT tonight. But somehow the tweeter of Left speaker stopped working  :(.
I tried to swap out the speaker cables and ICs but it did not work. I tried swapping Left and Right speaker channels to rule out the possibility of a bad channel but that did not work either. I tried playing pink noise test tone to rule out the possibity of bad source.

It worked for few minutes and suddenly the sound from Left speaker tweeter got cut off. I've already emailed Jim but was hoping i could get more help here at the forum.
My gears are
Integra DTC-9.8 as preamp
Outlaw Audio 770 amp
Cary Audio V12 Tube Amp
Logitech SqueezeBox Duet streaming FLAC

Let me know if it was missed anything.

Anyhelp would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Arshad

jsalk

Re: Need Help SongTowers Tweeter not working
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2009, 04:16 am »
Hello,
I received my ST SWT yesterday and I was hoping to write a review of ST QWT tonight. But somehow the tweeter of Left speaker stopped working  :(.
I tried to swap out the speaker cables and ICs but it did not work. I tried swapping Left and Right speaker channels to rule out the possibility of a bad channel but that did not work either. I tried playing pink noise test tone to rule out the possibity of bad source.

It worked for few minutes and suddenly the sound from Left speaker tweeter got cut off. I've already emailed Jim but was hoping i could get more help here at the forum.
My gears are
Integra DTC-9.8 as preamp
Outlaw Audio 770 amp
Cary Audio V12 Tube Amp
Logitech SqueezeBox Duet streaming FLAC

Let me know if it was missed anything.

Anyhelp would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Arshad

Arshad -

I sent you a PM on this.  It should be no problem getting it working properly.

- Jim

audiocrazy

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2009, 02:58 pm »
Hi Guys,
Jim is on top of it in helping me fix this problem. I'll give an update how it goes.
Arshad

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2009, 03:31 pm »
Best wishes to you - I'm sure you'll get it fixed.  Jim will take care of you. ;)

audiocrazy

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2009, 04:20 pm »
I replaced the tweeters and speakers are working fine now  :). I think the tweeter was defective.
I would say Jim was very prompt in resolving the problem :thumb:.

Now I need to spend some time doing serious listening.

Jim I'd send you a PM last night. Hope to hear from you.

Thanks for all the help.
Arshad