« Reply #2740 on: 19 Aug 2020, 02:03 am »
Thanks, James

BTW: That "Check 6" is old fighter pilot lingo for 'Check Your Rear!"

George

Christo22

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2741 on: 29 Aug 2020, 11:55 am »
James,

What are the options now with the MODEL Ts?
Passive and Active.
Is the passive can now be upgraded to active down the road?
Back a few years ago you needed the Signature with external Xovers to do so...

When you order a pair, do you need to specify.
I have 28b3 at home but would still like to keep options...

Is Walnut a standard color?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2742 on: 29 Aug 2020, 12:04 pm »
James,

What are the options now with the MODEL Ts?
Passive and Active.
Is the passive can now be upgraded to active down the road?
Back a few years ago you needed the Signature with external Xovers to do so...

When you order a pair, do you need to specify.
I have 28b3 at home but would still like to keep options...

Is Walnut a standard color?

Hi

We discontinued the Signature version - think we still have a pair or two left - so just the Passive version going forward.

Walnut has been popular so we did make it a standard version.

james

Christo22

« Reply #2743 on: 29 Aug 2020, 12:09 pm »
Ok. Thanks.
So the passive can now be turned into an active?
All backplate?
No more externally Xovers?

What could make me want one of your Sigs?
Is their any advantage?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2744 on: 29 Aug 2020, 04:53 pm »
Ok. Thanks.
So the passive can now be turned into an active?
All backplate?
No more externally Xovers?

What could make me want one of your Sigs?
Is their any advantage?

Sorry the only pair of Sig's I had left were a white pair that we have used as demos and not in good shape.

james

veloceleste

« Reply #2745 on: 30 Aug 2020, 12:15 am »
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2023, 06:14 pm by veloceleste »

1oldguy

« Reply #2746 on: 18 Sep 2020, 11:00 pm »
Hi Al

Yes we do - in fact they come with the speakers.

Here is what they do at the low end as you add them on the Model T

Hi james

I didn't get the plugs with mine..I have a smallish room would be a nice to experiment to see what effect it would have.

Christo22

« Reply #2747 on: 18 Sep 2020, 11:07 pm »
Same here. No plugs with my new Model Ts.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2748 on: 18 Sep 2020, 11:11 pm »
Hi Folks,

No the plugs are an extra and only required if you feel your room will not support very low bass. I was wrong before when I stated they come automatically.

You can experiment by using rolled up socks in the ports and if you feel it helps then we can send you some port plugs.

james

1oldguy

« Reply #2749 on: 18 Sep 2020, 11:40 pm »
Will try the socks when the T's arrive! and report the findings!

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #2750 on: 20 Sep 2020, 11:20 pm »
The Boston Cherry Mini T speakers came a couple of weeks ago.
 I hooked them up to a B60R integrated amp. for  few days, then tried them with my main system (BP17c; BCD-3 CD spinner; Magnum Dynalab FM Tuner; 4Bc amplifier.)  They certainly did Not sound "mini," but gave my Thiel 2.7 primary speakers a run for their money at low to moderate volumes.
I now have them hooked to a B135c integrated amplifier - - and the sound is superb! Neutral throughout the spectrum and capability of increased volume in my office / library.  IMO, the Mini T and B135c pair were made for each other.
It's probably my room dimensions, but I had no immediate discernible difference in mid and lower bass responsebetween leaving the ports open or stuffing them with rolled-up socks.
George

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2751 on: 21 Sep 2020, 01:24 am »
The Boston Cherry Mini T speakers came a couple of weeks ago.
 I hooked them up to a B60R integrated amp. for  few days, then tried them with my main system (BP17c; BCD-3 CD spinner; Magnum Dynalab FM Tuner; 4Bc amplifier.)  They certainly did Not sound "mini," but gave my Thiel 2.7 primary speakers a run for their money at low to moderate volumes.
I now have them hooked to a B135c integrated amplifier - - and the sound is superb! Neutral throughout the spectrum and capability of increased volume in my office / library.  IMO, the Mini T and B135c pair were made for each other.
It's probably my room dimensions, but I had no immediate discernible difference in mid and lower bass responsebetween leaving the ports open or stuffing them with rolled-up socks.
George

Hi George

Nice to hear you are enjoying the speakers.

james

Chewbacca 319

« Reply #2752 on: 5 Oct 2020, 12:53 am »
Hey James I just want to say although being a young audiophile (21) I've had the opportunity to hear your companies gear for many years from my dad. Really getting into my own in the hobby I quickly jumped at the chance to own bryston loudspeakers and couldn't be happier. Have a pair of model a2, mini A for rear channels and an ac1 for a center (currently on order from you guys) and running the front channels off a bryston 4Be (I believe that was the model right before the Nrb line) . I just had a question though. With your loudspeakers being on the market for as long as they have, is there any tenitive plans for a successor to the current line of loudspeakers? Or possibly a version 2. Or would it come down to if Axiom was looking to re haul their lineup then you'd explore it then.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2753 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:54 am »
Hi Chewbacca

We are always researching but unless we see a technology that would outperform our current products we will stay with the present versions.  I know from a marketing and sales perspective introducing new versions has a lot of appeal but our policy has always been that there has to be real advancements in performance to necessitate a model change.

One area where we really think a performance advantage exists is in Active versions of the speakers so that is something we are currently investigating.

james

Jozsef

« Reply #2754 on: 5 Oct 2020, 09:18 pm »
I see questions of replacing "old" models come up in the context of audio and I suppose many young people, being used to less mature technologies all around us which deliver very significant advances quite regularly are expecting something similar in this area.

Genuinely good loudspeakers were made in the 1920s by Paul G.A.H. Voight with his corner horn so in the subsequent century, very significant advances have been made in every aspect. Thus, we are not going to be kicking today's Bryston speakers into the weeds with any amazing new breakthrough that I'm aware of. While appearing quite conventional, they are very much cutting edge and most impressively engineered. That's kinda why I bought them!  Wink2

Chewbacca 319

« Reply #2755 on: 6 Oct 2020, 03:49 pm »
I wasn't asking in the context of speaker technologies constantly evolving. Some of the best speakers you can own are legacy products. Heck there are many, many loudspeakers of yesteryear that sound a good margin better than what is out on the market today. My comment wasn't a reflection on my age, or the notion that follows that we are accustomed to incremental upgrades on a yearly or bi yearly basis. My comment about a revised model was more in line as to what competitors do, and to stay relavent in the field. I am more than happy with my Bryston loudspeakers, Infact they are the best sounding speakers I have ever owned (coming from a catalogue of probably at least 50 different sets I have owned over the years thus far). But with many other competing company in the same price bracket of brystons current line up it begs the question of what if any plans they have to keep consumers interested. Now with that said there is something to say about having a product show it's worth and relavancy in performance; but it was a lingering question I had. Even if bryston came out with a new line of loudspeakers I wouldn't upgrade, but just like any other products in their range (amplifiers, pre amps, dacs, CD players) there is always room for improvement and innovation. From a business prospective a launch of a new line up of loudspeakers can pay for itself, in exposure, hype that builds , and renewed interests from reviewers and consumers alike. New product launches always bring with them positives and negatives (R&D costs, change to development process, producing the new product) but also can introduce both new and old fans towards their brand. Personally for one area I think bryston could find some success is if they were to introduce Atmos speakers. Bryston already sells a surround sound processor that has Atmos, and since they do sell center channels and subwoofers they are interested in the home theater space, not just stereo hifi. Whether that being introducing Atmos enabled speakers where the drivers are built into the top of the cabinet (I believe klipsch has done this) or an Atmos add on speaker , I honestly do think they would sell. Although it would be a more niche product in their lineup , with the trends these days and an almost resurgence of proper home theater instead of Bose setups for example , I have solid belief that it would sell well, I'd buy a set. The only trouble I could see in regards to that however is I don't believe Axiom sells such a product, so perhaps R&D would have to go into building such a product . Just my take on things , not wanting per say a new lineup of loudspeakers , but it begs the question if there is not already interest on how to improve the originals, or diversify their current lineup.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2756 on: 16 Oct 2020, 10:28 pm »
Hi Folks,

Here is a recent tour of the Axiom Speaker factory - it obviously deals with Axiom products but the philosophy and substance is applicable to our Bryston speakers as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXkuH9awY0g&fbclid=IwAR0GjaLYh_Mz89TaClec9ZWM2e6lqrCXLK7M5-GTFpGBPmFhecAdZu2uYGM

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2757 on: 18 Oct 2020, 02:56 pm »
A follow up interview with Ian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIgisk7QNMU

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough