17" Faceplate???

avalon65

17" Faceplate???
« on: 10 Jan 2004, 04:45 am »
Help! My wife has the remodel/rearrangement look in her eye. She is tired of the black, industrial, metal look. Does anyone know if Klaus has made/can make a 17" amp faceplate? I fear I may have to hide my rig in an "entertainment" cabinet.

Marbles

17" Faceplate???
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2004, 04:52 am »
317-299-5578

Klaus is still up, but don't know whether he will answer the phone or not..

The only way to know for sure is to ask him.  The case should accomodate it though.

avalon65

17" Faceplate???
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2004, 05:03 am »
Quote from: Marbles
317-299-5578

Klaus is still up, but don't know whether he will answer the phone or not..

The only way to know for sure is to ask him.  The case should accomodate it though.

He's definately a night owl, but I hate bothering him on trivial stuff when I know he's a busy beaver too. I'm a relative newbie at this, but why the 19" faceplate when it seems like most don't rack mount, and even if you wanted to there are no holes drilled...

Marbles

17" Faceplate???
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2004, 05:05 am »
he does it for looks

and don't call him before 11:30 AM eastern time...he won't be up.

Of course he might be at the CES.

mgalusha

17" Faceplate???
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2004, 05:17 am »
Mmmmm maple. I've been thinking about making some maple or cherry faceplates for my mono's. Line the inside with some copper sheet for shielding and route out the opening for the Odyssey logo.

rosconey

17" Faceplate???
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2004, 11:38 am »
:o go to home depot and buy a hack saw and do it yourself :mrgreen:
leave klaus alone  :nono: lol

instead of wood plates just by some plastic that looks like wood and glue it on :mrgreen: lol

again dont bother klaus he is busy , and darn it i want him working on my tempest not your dam 17'' faceplate-lol

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
17" Faceplate???
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2004, 08:31 pm »
If you decide to go with a wooden plate, you could have it custom laser engraved and made up to suite your wife's taste as well as yours.
  We do a lot of custom wood works on the Jolida amps for this reason.

Where are you located? I could hook you up with my local engraver. Also have plenty of Cherry and Black Walnut in thichnesses from 1/4" to 1/2" (I don't know what amp you have).

Just a thought.