Midea U-Shaped Window A/C?

SET Man

Midea U-Shaped Window A/C?
« on: 18 May 2022, 02:47 am »
Hey!

Two years ago, I started to noticed that my old Sharp window A/C is not cooling as it used too and make a loud thump when cycling on and off, sounds like the isolation worn also worn out. I've been using it about 15 years I think. It was a great unit and more importantly it was pretty quiet so I can have it on while listening to music.

So, I went to Home Depot and picked up a $220 6000BTU LG LW6017R. Although more compact and lighter easier to install and take out than my old Sharp. The LG is noisier than my 14 years old Sharp! Not much because of the compressor noise but the fan even at low setting still a howling noise which is annoying.

Anyway, this year I'm thinking of getting a new one and wonder if anyone here have any experience with the new design Midea U-Shaped window A/C? I'm looking at the 8000BTU unit. I think the bracket is long enough for my apartment's side. These are brand new design with inverter, I think they first came out about 2 years ago? So, I hope they are reliable, I hope it would last like my old Sharp.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08677DCKN?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_ZHZVFCQ1PMCFCE1EEARR

Buddy

PS

I thought about getting my old Sharp unit fix but I don't think it would be worth it now. Considering how old it is, it won't be long until it leaking coolant somewhere in there again after fixing.

Charles Xavier

Re: Midea U-Shaped Window A/C?
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2022, 07:22 am »
Have the 12000 and it works great.

SET Man

Re: Midea U-Shaped Window A/C?
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2022, 02:02 am »
Have the 12000 and it works great.

Hey!

Thanks that's good to know. I might have to get one soon before is get hot out and people will be scrambling to get one :icon_lol:

Buddy