Avastar vs. T8

Kinger

Avastar vs. T8
« on: 5 Feb 2011, 02:21 pm »
Has anyone out there in AVA land had the opportunity to listen to both of these units in their home and can describe the differences in what they heard?  I'm possibly in the market for a new pre (to replace my Emotive USP-1) and thought I wanted to pair a new T8 with my current AVA Insight 240, but I've noticed there is a used Avastar up for sale on the Gon at what looks to be a really nice price.  Was leaning originally towards the T8 to impart some tubes into my system (other than my EE DAC), but from the AVA website it appears that the Avastar is kinda the best of both worlds.
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2011, 03:59 pm by Kinger »

guest1632

Re: Avastar vs. T8
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2011, 01:12 pm »
Has anyone out there in AVA land had the opportunity to listen to both of these units in their home and can describe the differences in what they heard?  I'm possibly in the market for a new pre (to replace my Emotive USP-1) and thought I wanted to pair a new T8 with my current AVA Insight 240, but I've noticed there is a used Avastar up for sale on the Gon at what looks to be a really nice price.  Was leaning originally towards the T8 to impart some tubes into my system (other than my EE DAC), but from the AVA website it appears that the Avastar is kinda the best of both worlds.

I was kinda wondering about that too. I was thinking about what preamps to put on my short list. So if someone would, or could enlighten us potential buyers of the sound difference, would be most appreciated.

Ray Bronk