Looking for headphone holder for Senn HD-600's

Huck

Looking for headphone holder for Senn HD-600's
« on: 14 Aug 2007, 01:26 pm »
Hi: I am looking for a headphone holder for my HD-600's. The clamp part has to open at least 3/4" to accept my rack shelf. Sennheiser has one here: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=510615, but not sure how wide the clamp part opens?!
  Doesn't have to be too fancy! Any others I should look at? Thanks,Huck

BradJudy

Re: Looking for headphone holder for Senn HD-600's
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2007, 07:13 pm »
Does it need to be a clamp-on, or can it be a table-top stand?  Most headphone junkies go with the simple banana hanger from a local store.  I got one at Bed Bath and Beyond. 

Huck

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2007, 08:14 pm »
Does it need to be a clamp-on, or can it be a table-top stand?  Most headphone junkies go with the simple banana hanger from a local store.  I got one at Bed Bath and Beyond. 

Hi: I would prefer a clamp-on if possible. Thanks, Huck

Huck

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2007, 03:49 pm »
I have a Sennheiser holder coming.Sennheiser says that the clamp opens up more than 3/4", so we'll see! Huck

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2007, 04:11 pm »
I have one coming too.  Head-fi thread says it opens to 1.38".  Picture looks like it will do fine for you

Huck

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2007, 02:46 pm »
Looks good! Thanks, Huck

mcrespo71

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2007, 04:33 pm »
I use clamp headphone holders that I ordered from Koss online.  They work great for me.  :)

Scott F.

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2007, 05:57 pm »
What about a mannequin display head?

..that or a bust of Beethoven or some other composer? If you look close on the shelf, I use my (defiled) bust of Beethoven for a headphone holder. I also dress him up to suit the season. This one happened to be Christmas (hence the tuque and antlers).

...a closer look

TheChairGuy

« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2007, 03:41 am »
For many years Pier One sold glass heads that were perfect for headphones.  They were $20 or so dollars last I remember them.

Some friends of mine that made the 180's brand of ear warmers used to use several of them at their trade show booths showing off their ear warmers...and later sunglasses, that they made  :thumb:

This was it (if you swish some paint on the inside of the head you can make some very cool head colors from it)..

TONEPUB

« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2007, 04:09 am »
I use the banana holders too!  you can get em at Safeway for 8 bucks...

The only reason I don't use the mannequin heads, is they squish the foam
too much.  But they really look cool!

SET Man

« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2007, 04:42 am »
Hey!

I've been using this for my Grado SR60 for awhile now. :D I got it from Ikea. It's actually an art or display piece room decoration thing. The head is clay/ceramic with a wooden base.

Not perfect solution for Grado since it tend to crush the foam cups of the Grado a bit and deform them. You know Grado headphone tend to clamp your head tighter than some other headphone  :icon_lol: But they seem to spring back to they original shape somewhat.

Oh! BTW... I took this shot for CD cover of my mixed CD. :wink:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Huck

« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2007, 11:03 am »
I use the banana holders too!  you can get em at Safeway for 8 bucks...

The only reason I don't use the mannequin heads, is they squish the foam
too much.  But they really look cool!

I was wondering alsp about squishing the foam on the Senn head-band portion, although it seems pretty pliable, not sure after repeated sittings on curved piece on the Senn clamp?. We will find out soon enough! Thanks, Huck

Bob A (SD)

« Reply #12 on: 1 Dec 2007, 08:05 pm »
Several threads on Head-Fi discuss options.  One not shown here is the use of a "cup tree."  They can be had for well under $5 at WallyWorld, etc.  I use one with my modded HD-580 IIs :)