Gigantic Value Alert !! Get em while you can -- Philips SHP9500

sebrof

Just an FYI Wind Chaser - I bought the Philips phones on your recommendation, should be here soon after Christmas.
They better be good!! :)

I just opened mine up today (Christmas gift). I like a lot, so Wind Chaser is off the hook! :)

I have had no HPs since my Grados went kaput 15 years ago, and even then I rarely listened to them. I just got a DAC with HP out, and the cheap phones I have sound so much better through the new DAC than my laptop I figured I'd get some decent phones. I'll give my impressions when I get them, but they'll be fairly worthless since I don't have anything to compare.
I played an hour or so from the Headphone out of my Marantz SA-KI Ruby SACD Player/DAC. I have no idea how good the HP amp is in that DAC. I was really impressed with what I was hearing with this combination though, and cycled through a bunch of different types of music. Everything sounded superb. I didn't know phones could do bass like these do.
For $60, a no brainer if you're looking for a pair of headphones to get into this part of the hobby.

Wind Chaser

I just opened mine up today (Christmas gift). I like a lot, so Wind Chaser is off the hook! :)

:beer: