Mother Nature hitting us at all ends - Tsunami heading for Hawaii

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
It's been a rough winter for many corners of the world. From unusual winter snow storm in the East to horrific storms in the West. We have been digging out from 2 feet of snow the past two days and now with the 8.8 Earthquake in Chile, one of the largest earthquakes in history, Tsunami warnings extend throughout the Pacific. Hawaii now getting ready for evacuation.

Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone effected by the earthquake as well as those who could potentially get hit by a Tsunami.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2010, 03:46 pm by Response Audio »

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Mother Nature hitting us at all ends
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2010, 03:15 pm »
I just looked at a weather report...21 inches of snow in Central Park!!!
This winter is definitely one for the record books.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2010, 03:39 pm »
Central NY has had one giant storm to date and that was yesterday's. Our winter has been milder than usual. The driveway had to be plowed 4 times so far.  :D

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2010, 03:46 pm »
I am 200 miles north of the NYC. Years ago I remember getting 2-3 feet of snow per storm on a regular basis which barely slowed us down. Now 6" of snow puts people into a panic. Different times with a different generation of drivers on the roads I guess.

I just hope Hawaii, Japan, Australia, etc. are prepared for what is coming in the forthcoming hours. They're guessing a 10-15 feet tsunami to hit Hawaii :duh:

JohnR

jhm731

« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2010, 12:53 am »
I am 200 miles north of the NYC. Years ago I remember getting 2-3 feet of snow per storm on a regular basis which barely slowed us down. Now 6" of snow puts people into a panic. Different times with a different generation of drivers on the roads I guess.

I just hope Hawaii, Japan, Australia, etc. are prepared for what is coming in the forthcoming hours. They're guessing a 10-15 feet tsunami to hit Hawaii :duh:

Appreciate your concern, but there was no panic or damage here on Maui, just another beautiful day in paradise.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2010, 01:34 am »
Appreciate your concern, but there was no panic or damage here on Maui, just another beautiful day in paradise.

Glad to hear that.

Sigh ..................... I bet stereo systems just sound better in Maui.

Steve

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Better safe than sorry I guess. VERY glad to hear it turned out to be no more than a small wave only slight bigger than the normal high tide inrush :thumb:

decal

It's the end of the world as we know it. :bawl:  BTW,where exactly does one go when they evacuate Hawaii :dunno:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Weather's weather, thru the good times and thru the bad. It'a always been that way and it'll probably not change anytime soon. All one can hope for is to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

Images

Aloha Decal,

One only evacuates what are called "inundation areas," meaning low lying coastal areas.  In other words, take the high ground.  For me and mine that means packing up the pickup with Coleman lanterns and propane bottles, plenty spam and tuna fish, peanuts and beef jerky -- anything that does not require refrigeration (some are very concerned about toilet paper) -- load the coolers with fresh water (all you can fit on the truck) and take lots of cash out of the bank. 

Then, go to a friend's high rise at the back (meaning elevated) of a valley and stay in her third floor apartment hoping you hear all clear sirens.  If you don't, or the streets flood and are impassable, then hopefully you have squirreled enough away to go 4-5 days with no electricity.

Forty years ago on Minnesota dairy farms I remember it was hail, blizzards, and tornadoes, in almost any order.  Pick your poison, I guess.