Melting snow - Steady rain - Rising river

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Melting snow - Steady rain - Rising river
« on: 15 Mar 2007, 01:51 am »
The forcast say steady rain along with melting snow for the next two days. While watching American Idol, the flood warnings are flashing along the bottom of the screen. I don't think the river will get high enough to really bother me tonight (boy I hope not) but there are some areas that will be under water once again.
 The large creek that runs by my store is now over it's banks. This is the one I will be watching as it runs into the river about a mile down stream. When the river gets too high, it backs up the creek and..................well you get the idea.
 Think I'm gonna buy a boat :scratch:

Here's a picture of my parking lot during the July 06 flood. It's hard to get these pictures out of your head when you hear flood warnings.

RAW

Re: Melting snow - Steady rain - Rising river
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2007, 02:02 am »
All best Bill
We on the wet coast (west coast ) had a major rain fall this past week end which flooded areas as well as due to melting snow packs ,washed out sections of highway #1 heading east to Alberta.

And with record snow packs on local mountains we are expecting local flooding in lower areas in the following month. :duh:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2007, 03:37 am »
Well....good luck Bill. Seems you always have to worry whenever the flood warnings flash.

I have an idea.... :idea:
Tear down your present building....and replace it with this..... 8)

Then you'll rise above the water.....and no flooded basement. aa

alotaklipsch

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2007, 03:39 am »
Well....good luck Bill. Seems you always have to worry whenever the flood warnings flash.

I have an idea.... :idea:
Tear down you present building....and replace it with this..... 8)

Then you'll rise above the water.....and no flooded basement. aa

Bill good luck, hope no flooding this year.

Lonewlfy, WOW, luv dat houseboat.........COOL :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2007, 08:24 pm »
WOW! What a change of events. While we do have some local flooding (not myself personally), all the local TV channels just broke in with a severe winter storm warning for tomorrow. Just when we thought warmer weather was in store for this weekend, now they are calling for up to 12" of snow.
 The temp has dropped here unexpectably which helps in the flooding as all the rain has turned to snow.

But......... I still want the house boat :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2007, 08:58 pm »
Hold on a minute - there appears to be a major ice jam on the river and they are evacuating a lot of areas up and down stream from the jam. This one could effect us as I believe we are just upstream and water is backing up quickly.

We are also now watching the track of the snow storm. They are telling us now that if the storm tracks more to the west (it's coming from the southeast), we could see upwards of 20 inches.

Snow doesn't bother me but the water does :cry:

Could be an interesting weekend.

ctviggen

« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2007, 09:19 pm »
I wish you well.  They're also calling for a lot of snow down here in CT, but we'll have to see how that goes.  They've been remarkably bad this winter at guessing snow fall amounts.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2007, 09:32 pm »
I wish you well.  They're also calling for a lot of snow down here in CT, but we'll have to see how that goes.  They've been remarkably bad this winter at guessing snow fall amounts.

Yes, the weather has been very unusual all over the country for a while now. I think the forcasters are confused with it being so unpredictable.

Unfortunately, there have been far too many human lives effected or lost by mother nature lately.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:23 pm »

I have been super lucky since moving to Mass. 

While they are predicted snow for tomorrow (3-5 inches by nightfall), there has been almost no snow this winter.  IN fact, if we get 5 inches, that will almost match the total amount for this winter!!

Good luck Bill.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #9 on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:24 pm »

Yes, the weather has been very unusual all over the country for a while now. I think the forcasters are confused with it being so unpredictable.

Unfortunately, there have been far too many human lives effected or lost by mother nature lately.

Yup, the weather has been crazy!!

This week it hit 70 degrees while it a minus 38 (with wind chill) last week!   :scratch: :scratch:

George