Central Texas Music and Audiophile Society

Rock Ball

Central Texas Music and Audiophile Society
« on: 27 Jul 2021, 01:09 pm »
A first meeting of the new Central Texas Audiophile Society is planned for Saturday October 16th at 1 pm in Woodway TX (midway between Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin).

Mission: To share a love of music, the recordings, and equipment that make it possible.  Emphasis is on listening to music first and foremost, equipment is secondary.

Format:  Meet in the homes of members on a rotating basis to share the burden of travel.  Gathering to take place every three months (October, January, April, July) on the third Saturday.  Light non-alcoholic beverages and snacks will be the responsibility of the host.

General Principals: 
•   We will respect each other's musical choices and in so doing grow in our appreciation of all forms of musical expression.
•   We don’t care if your collection of recordings is small or huge; vinyl, cd, digital Files, Reel to Reel or all of the above; it’s all good.
•   An opportunity to be exposed to music you might not otherwise listen to and grow a bit.
•   We don’t care if your system costs the GNP of a small country, is vintage 70’s or DIY; it’s all good.
•   An opportunity to hear different equipment in unique combinations and settings.
•   Spouses are welcome and encouraged but not required; we seek to develop friendships among like-minded people.
•   Leave your preconceived notions on music and equipment at the door and be open to the new.
•   Discussion involving Religion and Politics do not occur at the gatherings.
•   We’re open to having the occasional visit from members of industry (manufacturers, distributors, designers, musicians, bricks and mortar stores etc.) strictly for education purposes, but this will come at a later time.

A verbal acknowledgment of completion of COVID-19 testing is required to keep all members and their families safe.  If interested please respond RSVP.

sebrof

Re: Central Texas Music and Audiophile Society
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2021, 02:03 pm »
Hi Rock Ball

This looks very interesting, and if I were to write up Mission and principles, etc. they would probably look very similar to what you have. You are only a little over an hour away from me (Austin area) so certainly doable drive-wise.
October is a little far off for me to RSVP but I'll definitely put it on my calendar and keep an eye out and if schedules allow I would love to be included.

Thanks!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2021, 03:56 pm »
You're a couple of hours from Abilene, but keep me posted.   :thumb:

Rock Ball

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2021, 09:35 pm »
Meeting this weekend.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2021, 09:50 pm »
music get together at audio thesis in arlington, tx.  contact audio thesis on their web site for address.  time is 12 noon until.