Custom Kismet Loudspeakers available for huge discount

klaus@odyssey

OK,  worked literally  all night last night (takes 10 - 11 hrs to finish) and dropped them off at SWA cargo in the morning to ship the speakers to the customer,  he drove quite a bit to the airport and picked them up, opened up the box and is pissed and wants to return them... doesn't even want to listen to them..so,  guess they are available...

-  x-over on the bottom vibrated loose..which can happen, and  no, this  shouldn't happen but unfortunately it did...not really an issue as there are 4 screws to hold this down onto the bottom ,  pushing down onto foam for vibration control
-  this is a custom Pau Ferro veneer job..looks fantastic and was quite expensive,  but it is a custom and handmade job by David from Timber Creek designs with a quite thick wood veneer,  and I guess the customer wanted to have industrial exact computer cuts,  which they are not, of course...
- and yes,  I understand that he is upset because there were delays in getting the parts together,  and they are about 3 weeks + late..nothing I could do other than offering a ridiculous deal....

So,  this is the back story for the return...shit happens.
However,  I do need to recover my cost though,  and thus,  and most of you know that this is very rare,  I have this return for sale...well,  actually brand new.  At cost.  Regular cost with all of the goodies is $ 5,600.  Need to get 3k+.

Call me at 317 299 5578 if interested.

Kismets are the same iteration of those that received best at Axpona awards last month  :

- fully loaded and full Sonex foam / stuffed on bottom of the cabinets
- Groneberg Quattro Reference all around
- coil upgrade in the x-over
- come with cones
- as above,  with the  $ 900.  custom veneer
- WBT's

« Last Edit: 26 May 2019, 08:17 am by klaus@odyssey »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Custom Kismet Loudspeakers available for huge discount
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2019, 09:32 am »
Pau Ferro or Iron Wood came from my country, its so rare I have see it only once time in raw form, I never have see it in vaneer, its so hard to cut no one want to laminate it, this finish will last a century, no termites can eat this wood.
Superb hand made job, congratulations :thumb:

A_shah

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2019, 07:11 pm »
Wish I had a place for them I would take them in jiffy ! :drool:
 :popcorn:
Asghar

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2019, 08:17 pm »
Damn! These are f*****g incredible looking, Klaus.

Obviously, your customer and I do not share the same expectations. I'm with Ashgar on these - I have no WAF acceptable place to put beautiful speakers such as these.  :duh:

Michael

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2019, 10:56 pm »
Can someone flip the pics please ???

srb

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2019, 10:58 pm »
1.  Gallery > Manage my albums
2.  Click on the Album
3.  Click on the Image
4.  Use the Rotate Left & Rotate Right buttons at bottom right

For most users, after they rotate them in the Gallery then check the post, they still appear un-rotated.  This is due to both local browser and server caching and refreshing the browser several times should then show the results of your rotation.

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2019, 12:15 am »
I want those so bad, hurry up and buy them so the temptation doesn’t get me killed.

audio.bill

« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2019, 12:28 am »
I can't edit the posted images, but in Chrome if I right click on each image and select "Open image in new tab" they open in the correct orientation. They look stunning from any angle!

Brettio

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2019, 12:48 am »
I want those so bad, hurry up and buy them so the temptation doesn’t get me killed.

I’ve spent the better part of the day thinking about these stunning speakers and how to temporarily reprioritize upcoming expenses.  I need someone to step up before bedtime or I know I won’t sleep. 

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2019, 01:01 am »
Thanks SRB...actually,  took them straight out of the Camera memory...

OK,  these are all of the pics I took before shipping them out...actually quite a few calls and emails,  but still available...first come....

aaron.luebke

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jun 2019, 03:32 pm »
I’ve spent the better part of the day thinking about these stunning speakers and how to temporarily reprioritize upcoming expenses.  I need someone to step up before bedtime or I know I won’t sleep.

Doooooo itttttttttt!!!   :popcorn:

If I hadn't already committed to Liquids I'd be all over these!!

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jun 2019, 04:24 pm »
If I had anyway to get the cash together I would. Even though I am not looking at floorstanders. Too good a deal to pass.

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 3 Jun 2019, 07:04 pm »
You've got to be kidding if they are still available.  I'd thought someone would have already snatched them up.

jriggy

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jun 2019, 07:24 pm »
Wow! Those are indeed beautiful!
I was a little weird like that (but not this weird and jumpy on decisions) when I first got into hi-end audio...but I’ve learned what patience and understanding can do with builders/manufacturers and how it helps to build relationships.

I sold a guy a used mid-level Dynaudio center channel years ago but he found a little tinny blemish in edge work on the veneer from the factory, and he decided he wanted his money back, he didn’t listen either... It takes all kinds. His loss, someone else’s gain.

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #14 on: 3 Jun 2019, 08:16 pm »
I had a little issue that brought me to the AC to ask for help, which I received – great forum, this. What do I see when I return to look at a few threads that triggered my interest earlier in the day? I should add that I'm enjoying the fruits of my earlier visit – basking in the beauty of “The Garden of the Hesperides” via a streaming service. The first thing I view is this thread and I'm basking in the beauty of another labor of love – this gorgeous pair of speakers. Dare I admit that my eyes are running a bit moist? I guess I can understand (no, I really can't, but I'm trying) the preference for a CNC job, but there's nothing wanting in those cabinets – I enlarged the image again and again, but I just see, well, I see a beautiful cabinet that took time and care to produce. This leaves me with a couple additional questions. Is looking at those speakers increasing my enjoyment of the music I'm hearing? How much more powerful might that be if I were looking at them in their presence?

I'm really not looking for speakers, but mine are certainly CNC cut and not wood. I'm quite fond of them, but they don't scream 'gorgeous' like those Kismets – feels like destiny. Crap, I might have wiped my eyes because I'm really not looking to replace my speakers, but something inside me just told me that I ought to be, and not just because of the cabinet. I can't help thinking that they were a bargain at the initial price. My wife would invite those speakers into the living room...to stay. Wow!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #15 on: 13 Jun 2019, 02:00 pm »
Haven't been online for a while..my bad.....still getting inquiries,  and yup,  Rod and John,  sorry but the pair has been sold......