« Reply #20 on: 7 Sep 2018, 06:35 pm »

Keep in mind that DEP14 listens loud to a lot of classic rock

- Jim

That would be a true statement.   :thumb:

marrduk24

Re: Speaker recommendation
« Reply #21 on: 9 Sep 2018, 12:12 am »
Thanks Jim and DEP14.

I was thinking of Song Encore but reading DEP14’s comparison of Encore and SS8 I wonder if SS8 would fit my description better.

SCompRacer

« Reply #22 on: 9 Sep 2018, 03:17 am »

.....I wonder if SS8 would fit my description better.

Where are you located? If Jim's factory is too far, maybe check the owners audition list and see if someone nearby has a pair to listen to.

FWIW, my SS8's are in a 15' x 18' room, on open wall (not boxed with corners). Room is open to main level which adds another 25' in length with 14' ceilings. Over 10,000 cubic feet. I just had to add a pair of subs to boost the 25-35Hz range as I listen to a wide range of music and some reaches that low.

marrduk24

« Reply #23 on: 11 Sep 2018, 05:54 am »
Moving to NYC in 6 weeks.

ricardoosusa

« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2018, 04:58 pm »
Experimenting with my dynaudio C1 signatures is been fun and rewarding. I start with SS system from Audio GD that was amazing for the money. All the detail and good high end stuff one could ask for. After a couple of years and having no experience at all with tubes I made a choice after much research and comparison between PCM and DSD to get a lampizator 4 DSD DAC and HQ player for my computer. What a surprise, not only I liked DSD better but also the tubes made the sound stage wider taller and deeper, textures, clearer and smoother sound, details on tones that to me sounded more like real live performances. After this dose of tube infection like a junkie I just wanted more. Next I rebuild my computer complete fan-less with linear PSU, Jcat USB card and DSD 512 capable, another big step on the right direction. Now I found a good deal on a used lampizator big 6, major steps forward. Finally I sold my Audio GD system to buy a Ayon Spirit lll generation 4 and never looked back. From the first listening sessions I liked this integrated a lot, but all though bass was definitely good it was not near as powerful as the SS gear. Then my journey with tubes and cables rolling began. After I research some NOS tubes and experimenting with it, the sound got moving in the right direction again from top to bottom, better stronger and deeper bass. Now for cables at the time I was using Acoustic Zen Holograms for speakers and Krakatoa for power with great success with SS system. Finally I started messing with cable rolling and wasn’t until I tried some High fidelity cables that I felt the system was rewarding me with great improvements across the spectrum, but it was when I added the High Fidelity CT-1 speaker cables that the low end came to a level I could not believe possible for a cable alone to accomplish . Anyways the Ayon spirit lll is a great integrated amp for the Dynaudios and more, they have enough power and great synergy